Votes: 28 39.4%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 8 11.3%
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With all the events of today. All the rallies around the nation protesting a bill that would take away illegal immigrants rights. What is your take? Close the borders or leave em open?

·
Proud Marylander
553 Posts
Illegal immigrants'.... rights? I'm not aware of what those rights are, since if they're undocumented they aren't considered American citizens. Basic human rights, certaintly, but they don't have any American rights, that I'm aware of.

·
1,652 Posts
Close it to illegal immigration. Open the legal passage to more people.

Secured Border (Wall) + Efficent and Higher Intake of Legal Immigrants = Happy Americans and Immigrants

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Keep it open.

Come on, even if you close it, the illegal ones will continue to sneak in! We want to legalized the true immigrants and reward them for their patience. We should punish the illegal ones since they cheat and doesn't have any american rights to protect them! I think that American government should declare a illegal bypass law that is so SCARY that by tempting to cross the border to cheat our government will deserve capital punishment! I know abit harsh, but it is the way to retain the existance of our nationality!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I apologize, I misspoke. The bill in question would make it a FELONY to be caught in this country illegally.

If I start a thread I guess I could at least give my opinion as well. I think that it is definately time to reform our immigration laws.

When I was talking Rights what I was talking about was that the states would no longer have to provide medical care etc. for illegals like they do now.

·
Registered
252 Posts
It needs to be more secure,Im really tired of this illegal immigration crap.They are breaking laws.So since they are here, are we suppose to forget it? It's kinda like saying if you steal a car and get away with it,Its just fine to keep it.Cause nobody caught you in the act.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Closure of the border could affect America's economy.
The influx of countless illegal immigrants over the years along with the willingness of employers to hire them, has caused America to become somewhat dependant on these persons. The fact that some provide labor for minimal compensation entices employers to enlist them, even though it is illegal.

Tightened borders are the best option.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ I think that the companies that hire illegal immigrant's for because they'll work for lower wages (modern slavery), should be punished most severly. They pad their pockets while the american taxpayer is left subsidizing.

·
Registered
700 Posts
As if closing the borders will prevent aliens getting in. Most of these workers come in to help feed their families, I don't see what's so bad about that. The government should be making it harder for immigrants (both legal and illegal) to go to public schools, hospitals, and be on the welfare system. This way they can come here to work, but not to be a drain on other Americans.

·
Banned
757 Posts
Ummm.....maybe some of you are too young to remember but for years fought in large measure to knock down a wall

"Mr. Gorbachev (sp.??) tear down that wall" ....ok slight paraphrase.....

....I simply cannot believe I am hearing this talk of building a wall.....

there are two sides to a wall ....one keeps people out, the other keeps people in....

....be careful what you wish for

·
Banned
757 Posts
ChicagoSkyline said:
Keep it open.

......I think that American government should declare a illegal bypass law that is so SCARY that by tempting to cross the border to cheat our government will deserve capital punishment! I know abit harsh, but it is the way to retain the existance of our nationality!

Man you have some nice photos, but this is pure insanity..... :bash: :bash:

·
Banned
757 Posts
THE POLL ON THIS ISSUE IS MISLEADING OUR BORDERS ARE CLOSED RIGHT NOW....THEY ARE NOT OPEN, GET IT RIGHT.

people sneaking in, implies a closed border, if it was an open border there would be NO illegal aliens

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I think the whole issue is deeper than most people can handle, I'll just say...apply to be a citizen and you are welcome in, run in and abuse our rule of border security...bang your DEAD.

If arabs lived in Canada and ran across the border at night, this issue would already be dead because we would have a 50 foot fence and an Army of security along it.

Think deeper people...please.

·
BANGED
772 Posts
Did you guys have watched the movie called "The Day Without Mexicans"?
That's what will happen.

·
18,174 Posts
Sa Town Tx Gringo said:
It needs to be more secure,Im really tired of this illegal immigration crap.They are breaking laws.So since they are here, are we suppose to forget it? It's kinda like saying if you steal a car and get away with it,Its just fine to keep it.Cause nobody caught you in the act.
carjackers have rights, too!

·
Registered
37 Posts
My solution is to first build a wall. Then give Civics/English test to current illegal immigrants in which they have two years to pass. If they fail or miss deadline they get deported, if they pass they can permenatly stay but never be able to vote (unless they leave and come the legal way of course). Expand the amount of legal visas given each year. :speech:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Close the borders, enact a curfew, outlaw all media except Fox News...and Rush too, if we can sober him up enough to be a total racist asshole for a few hours a day.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts