SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

with the recent addition of the Vietnam forum & the splitting of DaZhongHua forum into 3 entities the layout has become quite large and messy.

I suggest creating topic titles into

1) East Asia
2) South Asia
3) South East Asia

each regional forum will then be slotted under these headings but all will still stay as part of ASF

what do you guys think?

·
28,639 Posts
Shall we have the regional forums under them? If so then it would be good.

South East Asia

Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines

East Asia

China Mainland, Hongkong & Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan

South Asia

India, Pakistan

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@szehoong

yes, but thats because we happen to have more SE Asian forums

there wont be any radical changes except that there will be blue bars that clearly help order the long list of forums into more bite-size, manageable portions.

Each regional forum will still exist on the main Asian page.

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, for the main Asian section

its not hard to see that business there has declined sharply and it makes sense to collapse a section. I suggest making Projects&Construction a subsection of Urban Discussions and maybe renaming the latter to Urban Discussion & Projects, since the projects are very much a part of the city infrastructure.

the idea is to make the main Asian section more compact and less bloated...downsizing, if you may.

·
中華民國
2,804 Posts
BTW, I must've missed something because I didn't even realize that the Chinese sections were going to be divided. What are the reasons behind this?

·
28,639 Posts
I checked the South Asia section:

I think we will have to qualify the sub sub forums with India or Pakistan now.

For example we have Cityscapes. It should now be India Cityscapes.

I think it would have been better if we didn't show the sub sub forums under South Asia.

But this is a problem we are aware of.

That was the original reason why we got rid of South Asia initially because people were confused with GupShup being a South Asian chat forum rather than a Pakistani Chat forum.

But on the whole this seems to look good.

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pangu said:
BTW, I must've missed something because I didn't even realize that the Chinese sections were going to be divided. What are the reasons behind this?
I received a request from Sen. You may want to check with him. His reasons sound fine to me :)

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Suncity said:
I checked the South Asia section:

I think we will have to qualify the sub sub forums with India or Pakistan now.

For example we have Cityscapes. It should now be India Cityscapes.

I think it would have been better if we didn't show the sub sub forums under South Asia.

But this is a problem we are aware of.

That was the original reason why we got rid of South Asia initially because people were confused with GupShup being a South Asian chat forum rather than a Pakistani Chat forum.

But on the whole this seems to look good.

I dont think there is any confusion though, the India & Pakistan sections are clearly demarcated and the GupShup section doesnt appear anywhere if you are viewing the Indian forum. In fact, there is no difference to the previous setup.

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That cant be helped, but if you notice, there is a colour coded difference that indicate the subforums belonging to which parent forum.

Well, let me know if this arrangement is providing problems in the Indian/Pakistani skybars, which should be invisible to new unregistered viewers.

·
28,639 Posts
RafflesCity said:
That cant be helped, but if you notice, there is a colour coded difference that indicate the subforums belonging to which parent forum.

Well, let me know if this arrangement is providing problems in the Indian/Pakistani skybars, which should be invisible to new unregistered viewers.
Let it be for now..If there is a problem we will see.

:)

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
Pangu said:
I concur. I just returned from Taiwan, and I see Taiwan split off from the rest of the Zhonghua forums when I see this site. Why did this happen without input from the other two mods?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I understnad your frsustrations, but let's be realistic here, do you really think Da Zhonghua forum is necessary?

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
Sen said:
I understnad your frsustrations, but let's be realistic here, do you really think Da Zhonghua forum is necessary?
Allow me to first ask. Are you aware of the history behind the creation of that forum? I must say I am utterly shocked at this unilateral decision to overturn months of hard negotiations which has taken place to come up with an amicable solution. And for it to happen just when I was away raises my suspicions as well.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
first i didn't know you were away. You said you were going to HK but i dont when, never thought you went to Taiwan.

Secondly, no one except other mods will see this so let's be frank here, Taiwanese forumers NEVER even try to participate in the other sections of Da Zhonghua forums with the exception of Pangu, and sadly i dont see any mainland Chinese forumers or HK forums posting suff outside their own forums. In the other words, Da Zhonghua forum was merely a political solution it DOESNT have any practicality.

If you dont believe me just go through those threads.

Use Tea House in City as an example, it was created for all forumers of Da Zhonghua forum (Supposedly) but in the end only people from mainland China are using it with occasionally news spamming by HK skyline and ISan to gain their post counts. as a result literally half of the threads in Taiwan forums are not related to the topics we are suppose to be discussing, and we have to create skybar for Taiwan forum dont you think it's ridiciluous to have one skybar in level 1 forum and another one in level 2 forum?

if everyone is happy in the end then i believe it's the right thing to do. Frankly i dont see putting Mainland and Taiwan under one forum in SSC will help to improve the relations between the two sides. We are just ordinary people we are not politicians.

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
Before we go further, can I see where is your original request for this change to be made?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts