SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
52,552 Posts
Lisbon main square, Praça do Rossio (rossio square), situated in the old city center is a place were we can find turists and imigrants and almoust ani Portuguese, during the Euro 2004 people join eare to go to the stadium and celebrate ther victoris:

the square:

the National Theatre in the top of the square:

Rossio by night:

Rossio in the xmas:

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
Very very nice pictures Arpels!

But I there is one thing I don't understand, why are there so few people in the streets? it doesn't look lively, I thought that Portuguese were Meditterranean people :dunno:

·
17,935 Posts
Allow me to disagree Arpels, this is our main square:

The arch seen from behind

At night

·
Registered
52,552 Posts
Ozcan said:
Very very nice pictures Arpels!

But I don't understand something, why are there so few people in the streets? it doesn't look lively, I thought that Portuguese were Meditterranean people :dunno:
they are Mediterranean people but this area of the city almoust dont have inhabitants onli have some cofees and small industries and hotels is a place of passage to Portugueses to the offices in the streets aroud the square, onli in the bus stops are in the subway you find Portugueses, in the weekend is worse, no Portugueses :( strange!!

·
17,935 Posts
Arpels said:
they are Mediterranean people
In terms of liveliness the mojority of the portuguese are not very mediterranean. Actually it is a big misconception, portuguese people are all but mediterranean, they are quieter more composed and less open!!

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
I would say that in Warsaw the main square is 'Defilad' square - this huge area in the Warsaw city center is waiting for redevelopment :

another very important square is 'Pilsudskiego' square :

there are plans to rebuild the missing palaces:

And two most important historic squares:

'Zamkowy' square (castle sqaure):

Old Town square:

·
17,935 Posts
The old town and castle squares are really beautiful but the first one seems a tad wierd!

·
Me&Me
1,037 Posts
for madrid i wouldn't sat that there is just only one main square because there are a lot of important squares but the the best known and more turistic is puerta del sol

·
17,935 Posts

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
KRAKOW - market square (the biggest medieval market square in Europe)

·
Registered
985 Posts
Well nothing to compare with the big beautiful european cities but this is the main square of the small city of Patras (Peloponnese,Greece)

KingGeorge A' square (Πλατεία Βασ. Γεωργίου Α" (Φωτ. Γιάννης Σπηλιόπουλος )

·
Registered
52,552 Posts
LOL Kuvacci, finaly the man o make this thread put some pics of a Turkish square :) I like this caind of places to rest and relax a litle after visit a city and see the people walking!!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts