Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
billieron
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope i don't get trouble for making this thread, but i think it's pretty interesting to see how other country's are developping their ecological infrastructure.
the netherlands are highly dense, like everyone knows, but since a decade or so we're working on connections between our biggest natural sites

this are some of our ecoducts.

world's longest ecoduct, in the city of hilversum, crossing sportfields, a road, and a rail line.

some ambitious plan's where they're planning ecoducts, i don't know yet wich would be realised.

show us how you're country is dealing with natural infrastructure, wich would be mostly ecoducts across highway's. and wich natural site's they connect. or wich natural 'highway' they are part of

par example, europe's widest green bridge here, in switzerland

·
Rick Bakker
5,325 Posts
Ecoduct over the A2 near Eindhoven:

The long ecoduct near hilversum, mentioned above, is 800m long and 50m wide and was completed in may 2006. Here seen from the air during construction:

Planned ecoduct over the A2 north of my hometown:

Study for a very wide ecoduct over the A67 near Venlo, might become europe's biggest if it really gets built.

source: http://www.geolution.nl/venlo/Poort_van_Nederland.php

Maybe a contender for the smallest ecoduct?:) A crossing for small animals on top of a portal over the A12. (click to enlarge)

·
billieron
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@qwert and Plh , thanks for supporting my little thread, but could you guys also tell wich nature will be connected.

here i found a map of the hoge veluwe, the biggest natural environment in the netherlands, in the next 5 years they will develop 7 ecoducts, (black dots on the map) soon it will be possible for those cute little animals to travel all the way to the oostvaardersplassen,

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
@qwert and Plh , thanks for supporting my little thread, but could you guys also tell wich nature will be connected.
Well, as for the CZ ecoduts, they are being bulit in places where the highway crosses what we call "biokoridor" - I think we can talk about biocorridors in english as well. There are 4 elements in the whole system of so called "Territorial system of ecological stability (Územní systém ekologické stability - ÚSES)" - 2 are regional (regionální biokoridor, regionální biocentrum) and 2 are supraregional (nadregionální bioridor, nadregionální biocentrum). This ÚSES system is incorporated in the main land planning documents of regions and they represent places of a higher occurence of wild animals, their migration paths etc.

In the planning process of a new highway, the projector (designer) has to avoid the road going thru those biocentres (exceptions may exist) and when crossing a biocorridor, certain measurments are to be fulfilled. If possible, bridges over those areas are built, but sometimes you have to take the biocorridor over the road. Then those ecoducts appear.

AFAIK these "buildings" are recommended and can be built elsewhere as well, but IMO nowadays they are projected in CZ very carefully in both economic and ecological sense.

·
Registered
9,634 Posts

·
billieron
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
great pictures from everybody., great type of construction of the last polish one, seems like they use old style roman construction works with the arche:p,....funny to see those 2 differences between lets say the old, and the new europe. In poland,'if i'm right' i see ecoducts being constructed togetter with the new highway's, to prevent fragmentation of nature. in holland we are just busy with connecting the since long time fragmentated area's of nature. good plus to see they'r not making the same mistakes, it will cost a lotta more money to build this naturebridges accros allready excisting highways in comparison of one under construction.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts