Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
***Alexxx***
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Show your local middle class suburbs (Google Street View)

These are shots of Tytherington. Its a large suburban area near Macclesfield, Cheshire close to my home. There are lots of nice houses but I think a lot of them are kinda jammed in. Some of my friends live here so I've seen inside a few of the houses. They are quite nice, altho some are a little small...

Here are some homes completed just a few years ago...

Late 90s homes...

Early 00s homes...

Some of the older homes in Tytherington are from the mid 1980s...

Over head view...as you can see there are still some new development lots

·
Banned
2,300 Posts
Very nice indeed ^^

·
Super Moderator
23,256 Posts
it seems strange that even your new streets are so narrow and don't have sidewalks
UK streets are narrow by normal US standards, as long as two cars can pass each other without bashing wing mirrors that is considered adequate and with strict density requirements any more than that takes valuable space from house plots.

No sidewalks is unusual though, I can't think of any streets like that in my town which is only 100km from Poshbakerloo's town. :dunno:

The model of small cul-de-sac roads coming off a central spinal or loop road which runs through the whole development is I think the most common pattern for middle class detached suburbia and has been common since the at least the 1920s.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Here most of the inner "suburbs" are urban with more apartments than houses and an irregular street layout.

Then you have the old suburban subdivisions with a regular street layout but "build-as-you-want" pavillons, often made of meulière stone.

You still have many apartment buildings.

In the outer suburbs you have subdivisions with curvy streets and culs-de-sac. They are often surrounded by woods or crops.

Although there are many old centre towns in the outer suburbs too.

This is only for middle class districts.

·
Je suis tout à vous
16,551 Posts
Some of the new middle class suburbs in San Diego, California

And some of the old suburbs, also in San Diego.

I hate that most of our st view pics are in such a bad quality :eek:hno:

·
Premium member
10,972 Posts
For some reason you never see these open lawn front yards in Germany. They always have a wall or fence to the street.

·
***Alexxx***
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Willowmead Estate, Cheshire

This is a housing development that is quite desirable built in the late 1970s but with some additions in the 80-90s

Willow Drive

Riverside Drive

Greenvale Avenue

·
100% Libertarian
6,921 Posts
Google Street View is not in Venezuela yet, but there are an option in Google Earth name 360Cities, there some pics of suburbs in Caracas (note: suburbs in Caracas are generally composed of high rises):

El Hatillo, southeast Caracas

Colonia Tovar (German Style Village), West from Caracas

·
Premium Member
11,927 Posts
1 - 20 of 145 Posts