Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Human Being
43,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to re-launch this thread prior to my upcoming, fourth visit to Sicily: a land that I have been entranced & intrigued by for many years. I have re-organised, re-edited and re-selected some of the pictures from my previous thread; of my various trips to, and travels around, Sicily

Sicily has so much to offer the visitor or traveller: Arabic, Greek, Roman, Spanish & Norman architecture, and remnants of those various cultures & cuisines; beaches; vineyards; an active volcano; a variety of island archipelagos; and its own unique culture and identity - very distinct from mainland Italy.

On my upcoming trip I will be based in Ragusa Ibla - a baroque town in the south-east of the island - a town I have yet to explore at all - but feel very familiar with already due to the 'Inspector Montalbano' series having being filmed here ( based on the Andrea Camilleri novels). I will, of course, post those images upon returning in September.

The pictures I am about to post will have minimal accompanying information, mainly location & place names - but I intend to post more information, alongside any new photos I may take and post in Ragusa and its surrounds.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
That is what I need to get my fix.....Now I feel fine again......It is a fatal fascination of beauty and livin. My best friend is from there, his family moved to the USA for work many years ago. He has bin back many times and talks about it. He has shared his family and culture with me thru the years, his last name is Miliziano..:lovethem:..:preach:..:cheers1:

·
Banned
12,719 Posts
I'm Italian from Tuscany, i also have been in Sicily many times, some fantastic destinations you forgot in your pictures:

- San Vito Lo Capo
- Taormina
- Sciacca
- Cavagrande del Cassibile (the canyon near noto)
- Turkish Staircase (near Agrigento)
- Messina Area (Tindari)
- Piazza Armerina, the roman mosaics
- Pantelleria
- Lampedusa
- Eolie Islands...now for example Stromboli the other Volcano is erupting

and so on...

There is still so much to watch for you i think )...Sicily it's a very incredible Land...

·
Human Being
43,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm Italian from Tuscany, i also have been in Sicily many times, some fantastic destinations you forgot in your pictures:

- San Vito Lo Capo
- Taormina
- Sciacca
- Cavagrande del Cassibile (the canyon near noto)
- Turkish Staircase (near Agrigento)
- Messina Area (Tindari)
- Piazza Armerina, the roman mosaics
- Pantelleria
- Lampedusa
- Eolie Islands...now for example Stromboli the other Volcano is erupting

and so on...

There is still so much to watch for you i think )...Sicily it's a very incredible Land...

I have actually been to Taormina and to San Vito Lo Capo - but the photographs were neither very good nor very numerous.....

Look in a few weeks for my pictures from Ragusa... :)

Thanks everyone for the nice comments..... :cheers:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts