Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Son of the cedars
7,958 Posts
SIDON LOOKS GORGEOUS, Some nice buildings there too,it just needs some investments,i hope that businessman that owns the ORIENT QUEEN Cruise ship Continue with his project to build the Highest Tower in Lebanon in Sidon.

·
Son of the cedars
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^Nope,it was Mentioned on many newspapers,the project was about to be released to public b4 last summer war,then it just disappeared,i hope they continue on doing it though.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I heard the owner of the Orient Queen has sold his ship to another investor. Having heard this news, I doubt such a step is to be taken. But again, I do not want to draw final conclusions.

·
Registered
480 Posts
because...sidon is not the capital. id much prefer if the tallest building in lebanon was in beirut. (most businesses/companies are in beirut etc...) plus of course it would add nicely to the skyline if it was downtown...meh.
in a way its good though, since maybe now the other major cities in lebanon (in this case sidon) could alter/help improve the lebanese economy.

·
Son of the cedars
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^Exactly,why should only the capital have skyscrapers?Besides,this can make a competition among the cities.

·
Eros
439 Posts
Sidon has to keep its old "cachet", imagine Paris with skyscrapers everywhere it'll be horrible!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
^^Exactly,why should only the capital have skyscrapers?Besides,this can make a competition among the cities.
good point...very good point! might lead to having a race of the tallest tower and such. hmm! but as ramazotti ^^ said...sidon has this old-age traditional look, a tall tower will look out of place in an area like it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
i dont like the idea of Sidon haveing the tellest tower in Lebanon.....
^^ and why is that???
Sidon has a nice sea view

(too bad it was rainiy this time)

and Sidon has the largest fresh fish market in Lebanon.

I have been to the fish market sometimes and bought very fresh fish.
They are so fresh that you can make sushi or sashimi!
Many Japanese restaurants in Beirut go to that market to buy their fish.

But you have to be there before 7 a.m. to get good fish(Friday is off).
The bidding starts from around 7 in winter, around 6 in summer.

You should visit it sometime. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts