SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Silent majority taking back Hong Kong’s politics
Source:Global Times Published: 2014-7-21 22:33:01

Hong Kong's "silent majority" has finally decided to speak out as the opposition's Occupy Central campaign gains momentum. On Saturday, over 1,100 organizations in Hong Kong launched a month-long signature drive to oppose Occupy Central. In the first two days, over 380,000 people have signed up at more than 400 street-side booths. The goal is 800,000 signatures.

The so-called online referendum organized by the Hong Kong opposition claimed to have seen about 800,000 votes cast, a number which the public called into serious doubt. Some analysts believe that the anti-Occupy Central signature campaign will be more convincing, because asking signatories to show their identification before signing will make the result more credible.

For a long time, the Hong Kong opposition has played a predominant role in setting the agenda for the city's public opinion and determining the direction of Hong Kong street politics. As a result, they have been able to create the false impression that all of Hong Kong stands behind their efforts.

Occupy Central will wreak havoc on Hong Kong's order and stability. As one of Asia's leading financial centers, this outcome will no doubt come at the cost of ordinary Hongkongers.

Read More:
http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/871825.shtml

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It seems the story is not end yet...

Have you guys read about Mark Simon (ex-Pentagon Intel worker), Paul Wolfowitz (ex US deputy defense secretary) and Jimmy Lai Chee-ying (HK Next Media boss)?

:eek:hno:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SCMP said HK young people support democracy.

Only old people who are the silent majority.

It remind me with the Mao's Cultural Revolution. As most, if not all the main offenders are young people.

Young people are emotional and easier to be fooled.

The reality of HK right now... But of course not all HK young people are like that. I guess, most of them are Christians.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beijing expresses regret over Taiwan's regret over Hong Kong

How to understand it? A regret over a regret.

In the past HK and Taiwan is like a twin brother, when the mother in the mainland went crazy. The connection between HK and Taiwan is like inseparable.

But of course, today the mother is cured from the insanity.

Actually what happened in the failure and chaotic democracy Taiwan lead HK Silent Majority to speak up and say NO!

·
Registered
123 Posts
SCMP said HK young people support democracy.

Only old people who are the silent majority.

It remind me with the Mao's Cultural Revolution. As most, if not all the main offenders are young people.

Young people are emotional and easier to be fooled.

The reality of HK right now... But of course not all HK young people are like that. I guess, most of them are Christians.
What gives you the impression that the majority of people in HK are Christians? The only East Asian country with a significant population of Christians is South Korea.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^
Sorry for not explaining well.

HK majority are not Christians.

But pro-democracy young people who protested on the street mostly are Christians. And many of them have dual-citizenship with UK.

I guess they were recruited and paid to return again to HK after handover, to selling out HK.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SCMP try to do a damage control...

By saying that pro-motherland factions were also receiving money from businessmen too.

But of course, it's a huge different.

Between receiving money from local businessmen as all democracy political party do versus money from Pentagon under the disguised of local businessmen.

I hope SCMP reader is not that stupid.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't understand how Western mainstream media interpret it.

The voice of foreign country is DEMOCRACY.

The voice of majority of people of HK is NOT democracy.

Democracy is broken and lost the meaning anymore.

Thanks goodness China is not falling into this idiot trap!

If China today is a democracy country, there will be no democratic value in the country anymore. People satisfaction and approval rating will not reach 90+% like today.

Perhaps just 9% of agreement to the Congress and government just like in the so-called democracy country. But the mainstream media call this 9% as democracy, then people cheer it as the country in on the right track of democracy. What a naive!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts