SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tastemaker Extraordinare
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Did everyone catch the expose of Silver Lake and the changes it has gone under the last 20 years on NPR!!. It is hard to belive that where I grew up is now along with areas of Brooklyn the hippest of the hip neighborhoods in the country. We moved before it was hip so that kinda is sad, but it still makes me happy. When I was there were some nice areas and some OK areas but there was a lot of crack whores and winos in parts of it.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I heard it, one of the values of sitting in traffic. It was weird, seemed like the 'reporter' was trying to avoid seeming to actually like it here (in Los Angeles) She spent a lot of time dissing the hippsters in Silverlake with a local who has been in the hood for years. He was a bitter old man, manager of an apartment building, kept saying 'only in LA' I got the feeling he had never been anywhere else. Basically, the report was a trotting out of all the cliches about Los Angeles. From the point of view of an aging loser. I did not see the point.

-Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts