SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just so everyone knows, Singer Island is in Palm Beach county

This is Downtown West Palm Beach in the background and Peanut Island in the foreground

This little guys eye evaded me, otherwise this would be a more than awesome shot.

Now how bout we head off to the beach

Ill bet no one thought Florida’s waters could be so blue, especially in one of the largest metro area’s in the US.

Now into the Intracoastal. Florida has to be one of the only places in the US that has a clean enough Intracoastal waterway to have a beach where you can go snorkeling, scuba diving, or just swimming, and feel as clean if not cleaner than at the real beach. Heres the pics, more blue water.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6576/beach10uc4.jpg/img]

[img]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8212/beach11rn8.jpg

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,805 Posts
This little guys eye evaded me, otherwise this would be a more than awesome shot.
One of the things I'm looking forward to when I visit Florida hopefully in October is seeing lizards! Do you see them often? Do people like seeing them around or are they considered pests? The one in your photo is such a nice colour. :happy:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
People like seeing them actually. I know I do. That’s the Green Lizard, its very beautiful, but unfortunately its becoming rarer due to the uglier Curly Tail Lizard being a predator of it.
I was at Cruzan yesterday and I saw a few different lizards that I don't see in Dade or Southern Broward. Interesting how haibtats change.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The curly tail is very prominent in Palm Beach. That could be one of the reasons.

anyone looking for a big lizard experience should go to Key Biscayne, where the old Metrozoo used to be. It's become an Iguana haven. Hundreds of them last time I was there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts