SkyscraperCity Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
The Ragin' Cajun is a pretty cool ride. My group were all in our 20's and loved it. It looks like a little kiddy ride...but its basically the tilt a whirl on track...and was quite fun. The first time we got on it...we waited an hour to get on it. Once we were on...we knew why people waited.

Deja Vu has been closed everytime I've gone to Great America. They probably should tear it down next.

My favorite ride there by far is Raging Bull. What a great, smooth ride.

· Formerly InTheLoop
547 Posts
I have only been to Six Flags in Gurnee once (2003), but it is exactly like "Marriotts Great America" (now known as Paramount's Great America) in Santa Clara, CA, was in 1976 when I was a kid. EXACTLY THE SAME! (Save for the new rides over the years.) When I went to the one here in Gurnee, it was rather freaky to see something I hadn't seen in 20+ years in a different state.
Just sayin...

· born again cyclist
3,908 Posts
^ yeah, in 1976 marriot built two "great america" theme parks (one in IL and one in CA) that were, for all practical purposes, identical. over the years, marriot got out of the theme park business and the great america in CA was eventually bought by the paramount parks chain of theme parks and the great america in IL was eventually bought by six flags. today there are striking differences in many of the rides between the two parks, especially in regards to the individual roller coasters, but a lot of the same basic layouts and themes are still there in both parks.

· Registered
12,471 Posts
^^^
I love rollercoasters. It was amazing :) but too much people and the water park is not so great IMO The slides are not big enough for me. I was on much better water park TikiBad in Holland. Is anybody know where is the biggest water park in midwest? I hope U don`t think about Hurricane Harbor guys!

· Registered
567 Posts
Great pictures.
I'm hoping Hurricane Harbor draws some of the crowds away from the coasters! I'll skip the waterslides and just ride Raging Bull and Viper all day. I haven't been to Great America for a couple of years so it's time for me to get back there.
Speaking of the parks in Wisconsin Dells, I've heard the new Hades rollercoaster at Mt.Olympus is incredible.

· Banned
4,807 Posts
Lets say me from chicago...about an hour drive from six flags...should I use the hotels so I could of more time there (like 2 days) or rush everything in one day. It takes me barely a day to make it through everything in just the themepark only many of the times I visit there.

Btw... no need to recommend gurnee mills, the other outlet malls on the I-94 around there, or cheese places, because I usually go to there once a month...as a result, I wouldnt need to go there if I was only going to six flags....

Also is there a map avaible with the hurricane harbor next to Great America?(like online or scanned)?

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
ReddAlert said:
yeah, it think its Noahs Ark thats the biggest in America. I dont know about the world though. Im sure Dubai has the worlds biggest waterpark. Why wouldnt they? :)
yup, it is Noah's Ark. cool place too, i was there about 2 years ago. it's a pretty big place. has anybody else been there?

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.