SkyscraperCity Forum banner

SKHY APARTMENTS | Completed

28K views 67 replies 32 participants last post by  nzman 
#1 ·
Not a lot of info on this one around but they're having a launch event on 4 March.

http://www.skhy.org/

Anyone know about this one? Seems like its going to be somewhere near upper symonds street.

#6 ·
Well I went to the launch event but it was pretty poorly run, a whole lot of people in a room but no idea who was an agent.. In the end nobody spoke to us so we left without learning much apart from seeing some floor plans and renders.

On the bright side, their website has been updated with plans/pictures etc so there's a lot more information there now.

No idea on pricing though, I didn't bother to stick around at the launch event.

#9 ·
Fantastic views. Great building for apartment conversion. Looks like some further stages filling in the area between the tower and Khyber Pass will follow.

Pricing has to be at least 10K/m2, more likely 12K, possibly more to make project work so that's a lot of units which will cost as much as a reasonable house reasonably close to town. Will be interesting to see how it sells. People that spend over $2M on an apartment mightn't like stepping out of the front door into that area - hopefully they will as I like to see this happen.

#11 ·
Nice renders but they're missing a few key elements: the children with balloons, the seagulls in the top corner, the Audi T8. Other than that they've pretty much nailed it. Renders are cheap! I'm picking this to be a hard sell, even in this market, given the rather uninspiring location. (Maybe this might have been near the CRL station, back when they planned one for Newton? - maybe that was the initial catalyst....?)

#12 ·
^^ The immediate area is definitely not fantastic but look at the proximity to other locations: Mt Eden, Kingsland, K Road, Newmarket all pretty close. Handy motorway access and pretty busy public transport corridor in Symonds St too. Combine that with some of the best views in AK and designed by one of the best firms (Cheshire) I think thats a pretty good formula.

#20 ·
The whole area is...I've just moved to Eden Terrace and it baffles me the number of apartments vs retail and hospitality options. I really like the area but it seems like other than a few places, if you want to go for a drink or grab a coffee or some food you have to head Kingsland or Mt Eden rather than just walk out your door. Maybe this development among others will give Upper Symonds a kick up the bum

#34 ·
Awesome. The upper floors would have to have some of the best views anywhere in the city. The skyline at night would look fabulous.

These office conversions - like Western Park - are great for the CBD. Refurbishes older blocks sometimes vacant and adds 24/7 activity through residential use. And hopefully the F&B options follow.

#26 ·
Brilliant! This building has been prime redevelopment potential ofr a while now. And the development in that area to date has been pretty shabby/low rent. The kind of tilt-slab crap that scarred Auckland in the 2000s.

If they get the ground floor area right with street activation and high qaulity paving/landscaping - dare I say even some open green space? - this could be a real win.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.