SkyscraperCity Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts
Fantastic views. Great building for apartment conversion. Looks like some further stages filling in the area between the tower and Khyber Pass will follow.
"Stage One of the venture will seek to convert the existing tower's upper ten floors into luxury apartments, with sleek new commercial and retail spaces below. At the Khyber Pass Road frontage, two new buildings are master-planned around a central laneway and sheltered plaza creating a thoroughfare to Hohipere Street and Symonds Street."

Link

Brilliant! This building has been prime redevelopment potential ofr a while now. And the development in that area to date has been pretty shabby/low rent. The kind of tilt-slab crap that scarred Auckland in the 2000s.

If they get the ground floor area right with street activation and high qaulity paving/landscaping - dare I say even some open green space? - this could be a real win.

Brilliant! This building has been prime redevelopment potential ofr a while now. And the development in that area to date has been pretty shabby/low rent. The kind of tilt-slab crap that scarred Auckland in the 2000s.

If they get the ground floor area right with street activation and high qaulity paving/landscaping - dare I say even some open green space? - this could be a real win.
This isn't tilt slab crap. If you want to see tilt slab crap I can show you some real tilt slab crap!

This isn't tilt slab crap. If you want to see tilt slab crap I can show you some real tilt slab crap!
The reference presumably will be to the Chitta building at Khyber/Symonds corner and those down top of Symonds street. The Chitta is, in my opinion, one of the worst buildings in Auckland. Built as a result of the road widening that destroyed the north east corner of the intersection so cars can drive faster it gives nothing to the street, is faux, tacky and I hate it. Without the road widening this intersection would have been premium (if you like places like Kingsland).

From Auckland Libraries heritage images:

Supreme held a breakfast event up there the other morning. Pic give you an idea of the kind of view one can expect. Sure wouldn't mind owning one.
https://instagram.com/supremepoppedculture/

Awesome. The upper floors would have to have some of the best views anywhere in the city. The skyline at night would look fabulous.

These office conversions - like Western Park - are great for the CBD. Refurbishes older blocks sometimes vacant and adds 24/7 activity through residential use. And hopefully the F&B options follow.

Awesome. The upper floors would have to have some of the best views anywhere in the city. The skyline at night would look fabulous.

These office conversions - like Western Park - are great for the CBD. Refurbishes older blocks sometimes vacant and adds 24/7 activity through residential use. And hopefully the F&B options follow.
And, helps consolidate workplaces back into the actual city - which helps reinforce public transport as a sensible option.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.