Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if LA is working to clean up this place or do anything to improve it? I was in downtown LA yesterday and I went into the 10-block or so area of Skid Row and was amazed at how dirty it was. I mean there were homeless people everywhere, sleeping on the sidewalks, curbs, near sewers, and even on the streets. And when I say they were everywhere I mean everywhere...I checked up online and there are something like 15,000-20,000 homeless people who "live" in Skid Row.

Anyways I was walking around there and saw drug deals taking place 2 feet away from me, bums loading up crack pipes on walls and others shooting themselves up with heroin right on the streets. They didn't care who saw. I was just wondering if anything is being done to clean this up or if this is a forgotten area?

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
P.S. Downtown LA will be cleaning more as alot of condo and new business development come in this area.

Every major cities have problem with drug dealer, homeless people and crime. I thought that San Francisco has more homeless people and drug dealer problem, much worse than LA. LA is keeping clean and clean as become nice and better city, battle over with NYC. I don't complain about this problem but just ignore them.

There is photo about same problem in Van Nuys.

Kester Avenue is a north-south street that parallels Sepulveda and Van Nuys Blvd. North of Oxnard, Kester becomes a dilapidated and dangerous area of <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=31&k=auto%20repair" onmouseover="window.status='auto repair'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">auto repair</a> shops, broken down houses, men hanging out on the corner, garbage filled streets and grafitti covered apartments. Slumlords allow refrigerators, couches, burnt out cars and discarded clothes to litter their side yards.

Streets that are adjacent to this area are brought down by the impoverished Kester Avenue corridor. Crime, disorder, fear.....Kester Avenue is a blight on Van Nuys that needs to be fixed fast.

Van Nuys is more dirty and dangerous in early 1990's as its cleaned in some of area in Van Nuys. Pacoima has been cleaned in some area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts