SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 6371 Posts

·
The Legend
13,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, all of the Sub-Forums have these. If you don't know what one is, it's basically an off the topic chat thread, which anything can really be said or asked. It's good to use it for little bits of information that do not fit in any thread, and wouldn't really warrent one of it's own. And also just general chat and banter for us all.

I'll kick us off, the internet problems that I have recieved, which have kept me offline for about 2 weeks, now hopefully seem to be sorted.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Do you have sky broadband? Im thinking of switching to that because it is so much cheaper, but ive heard that it can be unreliable.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Dont want to make you jealous BUT i have ordered my 50 Mb Broadband with Virgin Media - should get it early next month :banana::banana:

·
The Legend
13,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have sky broadband? Im thinking of switching to that because it is so much cheaper, but ive heard that it can be unreliable.
Yes, and for the love of god, do NOT get Sky broadband. Totally unreliable. I would love to switch to Virgin Media, but my parents wouldn't want to switch our tv to them, or our phone line.:eek:hno:

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Dont want to make you jealous BUT i have ordered my 50 Mb Broadband with Virgin Media - should get it early next month :banana::banana:
bloody hell, how much is that? I don't think that is even available in my area (winlaton) which has a very shit internet service. even if i pay for 20Mb i only actually get, at best, 13MB because im far away from the exchange. :bash:

·
Registered
970 Posts
bloody hell, how much is that? I don't think that is even available in my area (winlaton) which has a very shit internet service. even if i pay for 20Mb i only actually get, at best, 13MB because im far away from the exchange. :bash:
Its £28 per month if you have a Virgin Media phone line (£11 per month) which i already do - without a phone line its £38 per month

Yeah Virgin Media is not available everywhere which is a shame cos BT are pretty rubbish from what i hear

·
Southeast Geordie
640 Posts
if you can connect at 13MB m8 you certainly ain't got a shit internet connection, thats ADSL2+ with LLU ...

·
Registered
134 Posts
My virgin has been playing up recently, the buffering speed is BALLS, try and ring the call center, no chance!.........I end up in Manila or Mumbai or somewhere in Asia beginning with M! I don't mind the call center's being located in Asia but it seems as though alot of English speaking Asian's have real trouble in understanding the Geordie English accent more than any other, and I know this first hand!

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
if you can connect at 13MB m8 you certainly ain't got a shit internet connection, thats ADSL2+ with LLU ...
i don't have 20mb at the minute, but i was looking into it the other day and while i would be paying for 20mb i'd only be getting 13mb due to distance from the exchange. and that would be at the best of times.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'd just like to say thanks to all of those who kept chipping away for the sub forum, it really is excellent to be able to read about the developments in the city in more depth and it's a lot easier.

·
The Legend
13,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd just like to say thanks to all of those who kept chipping away for the sub forum, it really is excellent to be able to read about the developments in the city in more depth and it's a lot easier.
No problem, this what we all wanted, and we have had it a day now, and have seen our posts go up, so to the overall activity, and 2 new members (in this short time) join because they now see it being easy to post and know what everyone else is on about. So thats just 2 of our readers joining, wait untill the rest of them relise.

1 - 20 of 6371 Posts