Skyscraper City Forum banner
6381 - 6400 of 6405 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Spotted whilst walking the dog this morning.
Someones gone to an awful lot of trouble to move this sign from Choppington, where Byron Close is, to the Killingworth Waggonway near the bottom of Crow Bank in Wallsend.

Chris

·
13,958 Posts
So if you were wondering where some of your council tax went...

Now this was uploaded on the 25th March and has a mammoth 13 views. I do hope that this was filmed more than a year ago, alternatively these folks must all be in a very large bubble in a cafe that should not be open and they've all dropped their masks at the same time...

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
So if you were wondering where some of your council tax went...

Now this was uploaded on the 25th March and has a mammoth 13 views. I do hope that this was filmed more than a year ago, alternatively these folks must all be in a very large bubble in a cafe that should not be open and they've all dropped their masks at the same time...
Jesus Christ! WTF was that? haha!

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
I've been away from SSC for several months now, as I've been through quite a hellish time. My stepdad was diagnosed with bowel cancer last October and was seriously ill, needing constant care, before he died in the spring and my mother was in hospital for 2 weeks with sepsis. Been a hellish, depressing time, but I'm getting back to normal now and going across to Tynemouth tomorrow.

·
23,110 Posts
I've been away from SSC for several months now, as I've been through quite a hellish time. My stepdad was diagnosed with bowel cancer last October and was seriously ill, needing constant care, before he died in the spring and my mother was in hospital for 2 weeks with sepsis. Been a hellish, depressing time, but I'm getting back to normal now and going across to Tynemouth tomorrow.
Good to see you again Aylett, I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm sure you will be in for better times from now on, and I hope you enjoy our forum once again.

(y)

·
13,958 Posts
Take care Aylett. Things do get easier.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Good to see you again Aylett, I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm sure you will be in for better times from now on, and I hope you enjoy our forum once again.

(y)
Take care Aylett. Things do get easier.
Thankyou, it's been a hard time, also made worse by having to work from home and all the lockdowns. Things are looking up, though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The view from our very own sky bar.
View attachment 2298474
Great picture! Just out of curiosity, as I think about these things...what are the small cluster of tall buildings(?) on the very far horizon about 1/4 from the right hand side. I drew a line on Google Maps from Hadrian's Tower passing the eastern edge of the Hilton and it takes us out somewhere to the north of Sunderland. Not important....just interested. Thanks.

Edit : or looking at it again, it is so far away, maybe too big for a building so just a cloud formation maybe??

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Great picture! Just out of curiosity, as I think about these things...what are the small cluster of tall buildings(?) on the very far horizon about 1/4 from the right hand side. I drew a line on Google Maps from Hadrian's Tower passing the eastern edge of the Hilton and it takes us out somewhere to the north of Sunderland. Not important....just interested. Thanks.

Edit : or looking at it again, it is so far away, maybe too big for a building so just a cloud formation maybe??
Good question. I think they are buildings. They probably are in Sunderland.

·
13,958 Posts

Certainly look like buildings, Sunderland or Washington ?

·
13,958 Posts
6381 - 6400 of 6405 Posts