SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
天豆
9,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is just a taste of some of the shots that I took (1000+ photos). Needless to say, on some days the smog situation was just terrific (little to no smog at all). But it was pretty hot and I got bitten by quite a few mosquitoes. I will probably add to this thread periodically with photos that I have taken. Let me know what you think.

View from 60th floor of Hopewell

Departure Hall, HKIA

Lobby of AIG Tower

Entrance to Bank of China Tower

Kikuzen, Pacific Place

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Amazing as usual ! But smaller in size compared with those pics you posted on the Asia wave thread (Hongkong- 2006 ) !

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Aww lucky you, you manage to take a photo inside AIG tower. When I was in HK a few months back the security stopped me from taking a snap shot inside saying its security reasons.

·
天豆
9,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hey thanks for the comments everyone! I use a crappy Canon A75 with 3x optical zoom :( There are times when I wished I had more powerful zoom. These shots are the result of reading up on some of the camera settings and experimentation. I used the same camera 2 years ago in HK and I didn't get nearly as good results. I resized them from original 1024 x 768 to 800 x 600 to hide some of the imperfections in the shots :D.

The securty guard was looking at me really closely inside AIG, so I just snapped it off really quickly. I've been told not to take photos a few times -- even in a public place (which I don't think they have the right to do so...) I will add some more in a few hours, I'm still suffering from jet lag. It doesn't help when HK is exactly 12 hours off from Toronto time :) :)

@HKskyline - Nope. I wasn't at the meet. I went to apm and took a shot of the instant noodle vending machine that you took a while ago :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts