SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Big cities with 5 different skyline angles, post Skyline Angles of your city? For example here are 5 Different Picture Angles of Philadelphia's Skyline with title:

City Within a City

The Ball Park

A Work Day

IVY League

From City to City ---------->

·
Banned
285 Posts
^^^ Philadelphia is so underrated on this forum.. Philadelphia is alot bigger than the statistics show. The skyline asthetics of this city are numerous quality not quantity. You can be in NYC one moment, San Fran the Next, Chicago then next and back to Philadelphia.. A city full of style.. What other city can boast that (a slice of the american pie).

·
Banned
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
juan_en_el_valle said:
Philadelphia a Top Five U.S. City since the 17th Century.. ------could be argued.
Please note that if you would like to argue someone elses statement please take that in the Houston Forum or S.E. Forum. This is a skyline picture post please post your cities 5 skyline angles or move on, thank you.

·
Expert
6,905 Posts
Hehe...trying to sneak Comcast in that second to last one I see. Whoever did that rendering did a good job.

·
Banned
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
spyguy said:
Hehe...trying to sneak Comcast in that second to last one I see. Whoever did that rendering did a good job.
They did do a good job spyguy, Good Eye on seeing the PIC. I do have another pic angle just in case there may be issues with that pic. Just posted the new pic, Post Some of CHICAGO remember 5 different skyline angles.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
^^^
Very creative Philly skyline angles! lovely pics too!

Ok,I will be the first Chicago Skyline representative for someof its dynamic views. These are just the quickies that I found in one page, not the best tho. :)

#1.Aerial look of western chicago loop skyline:

#2.then you have these western suburb views of chicago skyline from about 50 miles away:

#3.another great angle to capture some of the beautiful skyline from lake michigan:

#4.of course, the drive by from all direction apart toward the chicago skyline:

#5. the last but not the least, a walk on the lakeshore drive will also give you great skyline vintages:

#Bonus.if you want to see the nearly complet chicago skyline, then you have to live on the western edge of chicago metro. From there you get to see the man made mountain running from one end of the horizon to the other!
:runaway:

·
Banned
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice pics as usual and I know you threw it together but my main purpose of this thread was for people to display different skyline angles of the same skyline that makes it look like a different skyline. Some of the pictures you posted are duplicates of the same skyline but with a different scenario.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Illadelph said:
Nice pics as usual and I know you threw it together but my main purpose of this thread was for people to display different skyline angles of the same skyline that makes it look like a different skyline. Some of the pictures you posted are duplicates of the same skyline but with a different scenario.
Oh, my bad,lol!
Well, then if that is the case, it definitely need some work to achieve what you and philly has accomplished! :)

·
Banned
57 Posts
Great Angles, Philadelphia looks awesome and very stylish. Are these the only cities with five unique skyline angles, interesting..

·
Banned
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, all of these cities look great..

To note: I got this from one of the other ssc threads it's mainly about Toronto but it has some information to sum up Phillies known identity as a city full of STYLE.

"(The writer) Jane Jacobs uses the word `style' in an interesting way," says Richards. "A city and people, no matter what kind of socio-economic status, need to have this identity by way of style.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...72154&t=TS_Home
"

·
5,837 Posts
NYC

New York has quite a few.

From the Hudson river looking towards MIDTOWN to the North East.

From Brooklyn looking towards DOWNTOWN to the direct West.

From Brooklyn looking towards DOWNTOWN to the South West.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

From Jersey looking towards MIDTOWN to the South East DAY AND NIGHT.

PICS BY New Yorker 2005

Day:

Night:

From Queens looking towards MIDTOWN to the Direct West.

From MIDTOWN looking towards DOWNTOWN To the South.( ESB)

From Central Park looking towards MIDTOWN to the South.

From New York Harbor looking towards Manhattan to the North.

From The UPPER WEST SIDE looking towards MIDTOWN to the South East.

From Jersey looking towards MIDTOWN to the Direct EAST

FROM THE HARBOR INCLUDING ALL OF MANHATTAN , JERSEY CITY, AND BROOKLYN

From Jersey looking towards DOWNTOWN to the direct East.

Then theres

Midtown from Downtown

Midtown from the Bronx

And that amazing angle of Manhattan from LONG ISLAND CITY one of the best views.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Wish I could call this pic my own, but I can't, I forget where I got it from, but I'm pretty sure it was somewhere on this site. Possibly the best pic of NYC out there. Definitely a solid "city within a city".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts