SkyscraperCity banner

4921 - 4940 of 9338 Posts

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Its quite a nice area. The first of the current generation of urban redevelopments in Perth. I like that we have created this low scale area close to the city but now we really need to step it up with higher densities.

·
Registered
11,344 Posts
Yep - it's superb!

·
Registered
11,344 Posts
Great shot, those terrace houses looked like they belong in other parts of the country. Looks awesome, very up scale.
Upscale? Lololol

Go to Europe or something

·
Registered
11,344 Posts
Yes, Vienna, Paris and London all have talls, but it doesn't take a genius to know that's not why they're considered beautiful. And Rio, San Francisco and I'd add Boston and Montreal are not known for their beauty for talls either, but more for their setting and to a larger degree their heritage buildings and the ambience they create.

Can I also add that Seidler is a respected architect but he's also considered a hack who shockingly (mis)placed many of his (arguably) characterless buildings around Sydney. That Meriton building is fugly also imho.

This is why [URL="http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1086173"]Vienna[/URL] is beautiful...and even its modern talls are great.

Sydney should preserve and enhance its built heritage, take full advantage of its beautiful setting and build innovative, aesthetic modern buildings low and highrises that are original and sophisticated. No need to bring more dime-a-dozen Gehry deconstructivist shite over either.
Oh I love you so much. Everything you said is so true. That Meriton piece of shit is fugly as hell. Y CNT U SEE THAT SUPPORTERS OF SEIDLER ?! And I don't want to hear your nonsense about "moving forward" and "stop living in the past". Tell that to a Londoner or Parisian. There's nothing good about the things he brought to Sydney and he managed to destroy a few greats in the process, buildings forever gone.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Meriton has that cheap look that plagues most resi buildings in Australian cities. This is something Melbourne does well. Southbank features many beautiful towers that don't look so tacky.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
4921 - 4940 of 9338 Posts