Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Like 'Berg'
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just flicking throught today's paper and on page 46 is a full page of the tallest buildings proposed in the country at the moment, with a rendering of each one.. Schemes included are Brunswick Quay (Liverpool), Glass Needle (Cardiff), Leicester tower scheme, New England Square (Brighton), Obel and Aurora (Belfast), Albany and Eastgate (Manchester), Lumiere (Leeds), Elphinstone (Glasgow), V Building (Birmingham), and LBT, Pinnacle, Columbus, Leadenhall and Heron (although the image shows Roger's Heron Quays scheme but talks of Heron Tower).

anyone else seen it? I havn't a scanner so unless I visit Uni I can't scan it in...so go buy one!

·
Registered
10,923 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
I don’t know about the other developments, but in Leicester the Westbridge & 2 other sister towers have planning consent.

They have been designed by the Manchester architects Ian Simpson, who have been behind many of the new great buildings in the North.

It is hoped that they will start work this year.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes, that list certainly isn't the Top 16 in purely height terms - there are quite a few that have been missed out, and some that are cancelled are still in there!

Oh well, it seems like a positive story anyway.

·
Administrator
35,227 Posts
yeah. someone has been reading skyscrapernews and not understood the concept of "cancelled". i know they have as we deliberately enter parking spaces one off to track who uses what. i wish newspapers would credit sources, but it seems they never do but still its good to see even the mirror now has cottoned on to the skyscraper boom.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Incase anyone is mislead... the decision on the Brighton tower was taken about a month ago and has been rejected by the government who chose to side with the council, so it will definately not be built. The developers will have to redesign it completely.

·
Administrator
35,227 Posts
yeah it even says cancelled on the skyscrapernews page but they put it up then again i told the beeb about a tower that wasnt being built a couple of weeks ago for a tv prog and they featured it anyway!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Again shows how behind these newspapers are, Glass Needle in Cardiff doesnt look like its going ahead and the tallest is Bay Pointe anyway lol

MerdianQuay Swansea should have been there its 108 meters.. Bay Pointe is way off 2014, and quote western mail depends on market condtions..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just flicking throught today's paper and on page 46 is a full page of the tallest buildings proposed in the country at the moment, with a rendering of each one.. Schemes included are Brunswick Quay (Liverpool), Glass Needle (Cardiff), Leicester tower scheme, New England Square (Brighton), Obel and Aurora (Belfast), Albany and Eastgate (Manchester), Lumiere (Leeds), Elphinstone (Glasgow), V Building (Birmingham), and LBT, Pinnacle, Columbus, Leadenhall and Heron (although the image shows Roger's Heron Quays scheme but talks of Heron Tower).

anyone else seen it? I havn't a scanner so unless I visit Uni I can't scan it in...so go buy one!

Cant beleive they did not put meridianquy swansea there its currently being built 108 meters with restrant on the top overlooking the sea/beach..it will be amazing check out the website
www.meridianquay.com

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Probably because Swansea is quite a small city away from the rest of the UK. Bay pointe will go ahead in some form im sure due to the council wanting Cardiff to compete with other regional cities in terms of skyline.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Cant beleive they did not put meridianquy swansea there its currently being built 108 meters with restrant on the top overlooking the sea/beach..it will be amazing check out the website
www.meridianquay.com
Amazing for Swansea you mean, but not for the Mirror and most of the publics interest, its not amazing outlandish in design is it?

·
Registered
10,923 Posts

·
Scousish
6,847 Posts
Incase anyone is mislead... the decision on the Brighton tower was taken about a month ago and has been rejected by the government who chose to side with the council, so it will definately not be built. The developers will have to redesign it completely.
Same goes from Brunswick Quay in Liverpool which was rejected by Ruth Kelly and will now not be built in anywhere near that design or scale... good article for publicity but shame they didn't check their facts before going to print..

·
New Nottingham!
11,920 Posts
Criterion Place in Leeds wasn't mentioned and this will be around the same height as Lumiere I think depending on whether they decide to go for a height increase which is the latest rumour at the moment.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts