2IFC -HK
Metlife exPanam -NYC
Chrysler -NYC
Citicorp -NYC
John Hancock Center -Chicago
Trump World Tower -NYC
Bank of China -HK
American International -NYC
that's just a small part of the famous ones, and as you can see, I'm hanging mostly in HK and NYC

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
Toronto Dominion centre - Mies Van De Rohe TO
Empire State Building NYC
World Trade centre (gone) NYC
Genex:tongue2: BGD
2IFC HK
I'm too lazy to think of all of them, there are just so many.:D

·
Registered
533 Posts
These are My favourite skyscrapers, that I have Visited! :)

1. C.N Tower- Toronto, Canada

2. Millenium Tower-Vienna, Austria

3. Empire State Building-New York City, America

4.Chrysler Building-New York City, America

5.Unis Buildings-Sarajevo

6.United Nations Building- New York City, America

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Skyscrapers...I love anything modern with pleasing lines, so long as there is a lot of glass. I love it when the building appears to be made of glass. For example...I prefer the fascade of UNITIC over that of the UN building. I don't really have a favorite example, once they meet that criteria, picking them apart is irrelevent to me.

Another style I love is practically the other extreme. I enjoy buildings that are elaborate - almost to the point of being gaudy - with stone fascades and harsh, solid frames. Most every skyscraper built in the United States until the mid 1960s fits the defition I've attempted to describe.

Lastly, I love large blocks of relatively hideous buildings. I don't mean to describe the Blokovi or areas in cities like Padermo and Tirana. I'm thinking more in terms of Latin America - Sao Paolo, Buenos Aires, and so on. Vancouver fits the same definition, I suppose, but it doesn't rank as highly on my internal scale as these Latin American cities.

Beyond SkyScrapers, you'd be hard pressed to find something I dislike, so long as it is done well. My favorite cities, architecturally speaking, are:

Bilbao - I love the modernity, the glass, the unusual lines and shapes.
St. Petersburg - I love the elaborate, gaudy fascades.
Sao Paolo - Ugly buildings crammed together as far as the eye can see.
Hong Kong - My favorite skyline in the world. (Rio de Janeiro I like, for the same reasons)
Istanbul - Virtually every type of architecture known to man can be found in this city.

·
Registered
188 Posts
No Uzice? :eek:

Don't have a favourite skyscraper, but I suppose this Easter egg is the most interesting thing out of Europe in awhile...

Also, I'm having these very peculiar visions of Palata Albanija (and Terazije) these days. Kinda like:

Now

Tomorrow

:weird:

In the end, I too like the ol' boxy towers of the TD Centre.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Technically, I agree. :)

But, for my tastes...Hong Kong is much more satisfying. But I would never argue that Hong Kong has a "better" skyline in New York. It's just that, for me, Hong Kong has the skyline that most..."turns me on", architecturally/topographically speaking.

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Chisinau has the most fantastic skyline in the world.

·
Iroquois of Europe
9,880 Posts
NYC
1. Chrysler Building

2. Woolworth Building

3. Empire State Building

HK
1. Two International Finance Centre

2. Bank of China Tower

London
1. One Canada Square

2. Swiss Re

Frankfurt
Commerzbank Zentrale

Paris
EDF

·
Banned
13 Posts
I always thought the Renesance building in Detroit was pretty cool. It's the first piece of America you can see from Canada. I think you can see it already from the 401 when approaching Detroit. If you get lost in Windsor and don't know which way to the US border you just drive toward that building. But other than that building, Detroit is very ugly (no offense to any detroiters, just my opinion).

·
Registered
116 Posts
Pan_Stanislav said:
Chisinau has the most fantastic skyline in the world.

breathtaking

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Thanks for the shots CAMOCYD. I am fascinated with the local beauty there.

One more of this magnificent metropolis:

And this one doesn't actually look that bad as to make it sarcastic, but I'll still post it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts