Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welll this is my interpretation of what I've just saw on TV. On National television (RTS), in "Beogradska hronika", Djordje Bobic, city architect, was a guest.
Why? Well, the competition for the future look of Slavija square is finished! The ideas from the first 3 prizes shall be incorporated in the final project.
What should we expect? Here is what I've saw and heard:
-Traffic reorganization
-New building in front of National bank, with opened ground floor as a square, and an underground aquare (with a lot of light because of the glassy roof) conected with the Slavija LRT station.
-And a few more buildings around, in "Miticeva rupa" (today's park), on the place of today's parking across Slavija hotel, and on the place of the houses around McDonald's
-The central monument (of Dimitrije Tucovic) and his grave shall be removed to another location (Monument in Manjez park, grave on the graveyard) and the monument to Serbian uprising will be built.

First works shall start next year. I repeat this is my interpretation, and I expect official news by tomorrow.

Opera House competiton
-----------------------------
Will be opened soon. The citizens shall choose the location by voting, few of them shall be offered after Easter holidays, like:
-in Sava amphitheatre
-Near hotel Bristol
-On usce (confluence) - my favorite, and the one I'll vote
-and of course some more

Than the architectual competition, including some of the popular world architects, so the competition shall cost 300.000 euros. And (all) the money shall not be given from the budget, but the operas around the world shall organize "A night for Belgrade opera", colecting money for architectual competition. So, many thanks to the city operas that've accepted the idea, Belgraders are very honored!!!!

·
Super Moderator
Grad Oblakodera
38,628 Posts
nice.

spomenik na slaviji srpskom ustanku? jel to ona staklenka?
ta ideja sa nadzemnim i podzemnim trgom moze da ispadne super ali pod uslovom da dizajn uradi neko normalan a ne bobic.

who can they hire with 300.000 out of the world popular architects for operas? who are they anyway? Sarajevo hired Renzo Piano for music hall.

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
I hope for the monument on Slavija there will be something classic and monumental. A tall column with the Serbian eagle on top, the bottom could be a large fountain with statues of Serbian heroes during the uprising Karadjordje etc...:D Hehe, that would be the ideal thing imo.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Wow...it reminds me to Cibona tower in Zagreb. It sure is interesting, but I don't know how appropriate would it be for Slavija square?
Is it going to be built for sure?

Cheers,
-Pavle

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Pavle said:
Wow...it reminds me to Cibona tower in Zagreb. It sure is interesting, but I don't know how appropriate would it be for Slavija square?
Is it going to be built for sure?

Cheers,
-Pavle
The way I interpreted the news, the monument shown below is not what they are planning to build there. The new competition that was held was completely separate from what had been done earlier. The glass monument is dedicated to 200 years of modern Serbia whereas the one they are planning now is dedicated to the First Serbian Uprising. I read a while back on www.a4a.info an article where an architect in Belgrade was complaining about the design of the glass structure proposed. That may have lead to them deciding not to build that.

Anyways I can't wait for Slavija Square to be changed. Currently it looks akward with the NBS glass building and then the little 1-2 storey buildings in front of it. I hope those are replaced with something nicer. Also where that temporary park is, I hope that the gaps between those existing buildings are filled in and that the parking lot on one of the corners is replaced with another building. Let's hope www.dub.org.yu or www.uus.org.yu release the renderings of the winners soon.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Singidunum said:
^^^
First Serbian Uprising was 200 years ago and is celebrated as the start of modern Serbian state :)
I knew that. What I meant was that whereas the glass structure was supposed to be "modern" for the idea of remembering the start of modern Serbia, the monument for the Serbian Uprising might be something more historical or different from what had been proposed earlier. I still think that this is a completely different statue simply because if a new competition was run and the entire square was to be redesigned, a new statue would have to be designed as well. I mean it wouldn't make much sense to tell the architects to design everything but the statue. That would mean that they would have to accomodate the existing statue design into their new idea of the square. Also, it appears that they were told to design a statue, so I'm pretty sure that it will be something new.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, it's about time to tear down all those sh*t houses along slavija square. Put anything, I don't care as long as we shake this rustic image in the heart of the city.

Singidunum, thanks for the clarification. I saw some plans in Glas Javnosti by this much bitter architect (can't recall the name though). Anyways they featured a steel&glass dome over the roundabout. Is that still on?

·
Super Moderator
Grad Oblakodera
38,628 Posts
^^^
it would be cool to have underground mall with glass dome in Slavija but I highly doubt our city architect would ever come up with anything similar.

anyway I have seen the rendering of new hotel and new building in miticeva rupa. they are couple of years old though. I am not sure if they plan to use those ones.

·
Super Moderator
Grad Oblakodera
38,628 Posts
I have just seen pre-renderings on Beogradska Hronika
It doesn`t feature

and no other tower because hotel slavija is their height orientaion point.
Instead of this glass thing they have two ideas
-one big one but I haven`t heard what is it :bash:
-or if not that then big sunclock

all of those crappy buildings in front of NBS will be gone and Dimitrije Tucovic will be moved to some other location. Hotel Slavija will be sold and there will be office building in place of parking (it was planed to be Beobanka location).

Now they need to agree on details and they will use ideas from other (not only winning) designs.

I think they will definately not use old designs from couple of years ago. Maybe someone has got new ones-sergionni?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
From www.dab.org.yu (Belgrade architects society):
Rezultati konkursa za područja Trga Slavija u Beogradu
Enviado el Thursday, April 28 @ 12:58:29 CEST
Skupština grada Beograda
Direkcija za građevinsko zemljište i izgradnju Beograda
Društvo arhitekata Beograda
Društvo urbanista Beograda

objavljuju rezultate
opšteg javnog anonimnog anketnog
K O N K U R S A
za urbanističko – arhitektonskog rešenje područja Trga Slavija u Beogradu

Prvu nagradu u iznosu od 1.200.000,00 dinara dobio je rad sa autorskom šifrom «40318»
Autori: Tamara Petrović, d.i.a., Miloš Komlenić, d.i.a.
Konsultant: Ljubina Stefanović Tasić, d.i.a.
Saradnici: Biljana Vojinović, aps.arh., Bratislav Branković, aps.arh.
Projekat je rađen u okviru CEP-a

Dve jednakovredne umanjene Druge nagrade u iznosu od po 600.000,00 dinara dobili su:

Rad sa autorskom šifrom «639655»
Autori konkursnog rešenja:
Vukmirović Milena, dipl.inž.arh., Đorđević Svetlana, apsolvent arhitekture
Saradnici na konkursnom rešenju:
Miloradović Srđan, aps. arhitekture, Kunčer Boris, aps. arhitekture, Cvetković Marko, dipl. industrijski dizajner, Mirković Stanislav, dipl. industrijski dizajner

Rad sa autorskom šifrom «11417»
Autor: Ivana Nenković, student arhitekture
Grafički dizajn : Ivana Joksimović, Predrag Nenković

Tri jednakovredna otkupa u iznosu od po 150.000,00 dinara dobili su:

Rad sa autorskom šifrom «SKVOT»
Autorski tim: Aleksandar Stanojlović, dipl.inž.arh., Sava Ristić, dipl.inž.arh., Ženja Jovanović, dipl.inž.hortikulture

Rad sa autorskom šifrom «65531»
Ravnopravni autori: Snežana Ignjatović, d.i.a., Ana Marija Kovenc Vujić, d.i.a.
Trodimenzionalna vizuelizacija: Goran Živković, d.i.a.
Saradnik : Nina Tatić, student arh.
Konsultant za saobraćaj prof.Milan Veljković , d.i.g.

Rad sa autorskom šifrom « EVENT! »
Autor:
Studio ARCHTIC doo
Zoran Radojičić
Projektant: Vladimir Đorđević
3D model: Milan Stanković
Saradnik: Irena Mirković

Izložba konkursnih radova će se održati u drugoj polovini maja ove godine. Mesto i vreme održavanja izložbe biće naknadno objavljeno.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I've understood this competition doesn't define the design of the buildings and the monument, just the form - dimensions, height, purpose and traffic solutions. So I guess that all new buildings that'll be built will have seperate architectual competitions. I forgot to say it before that competition included area around the square (Kralja Milana, Deligradska, etc.)

·
Registered
38 Posts
im interested in what they are doing with the traffic, because that really is mess over there, really have to be on top of things to navigate that circle with the trams and the mass ammounts of cars cutting you off :eek2:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts