SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reading though the new street thread and saw some old underground toilets nicknamed "Slipper toilets"

Is there any pictures of these while they where still toilets?

Cheers

·
Registered
14,981 Posts
Just reading though the new street thread and saw some old underground toilets nicknamed "Slipper toilets"

Is there any pictures of these while they where still toilets?

Cheers
A couple from my blog post of what was exposed. Will have a look for pictures of it in use.

http://birminghamcentral.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/new-street-station-redevelopment-summer.html

edit:

From the Birmingham Local History forum

http://www.birminghamforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3956.11

·
Ahoy Ahoy
7,829 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I heard that these were fine Victorian toilets and were huge.

They were sealed off as there was a lot of undesirable activity of the sexual kind.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I heard that these were fine Victorian toilets and were huge.

They were sealed off as there was a lot of undesirable activity of the sexual kind.
I have a thread on the silver slipped toilets on the midlands heritage forum. Little more info on there.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I clicked this thread because I read 'Sniper Toilets'. I am disappointed.
You'd still get shot at down here, however with a barrel loaded something else!

·
Registered
14,981 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
A couple from my blog post of what was exposed. Will have a look for pictures of it in use.
Fascinating pictures, have you any more? also is there any chance I can have permission to use them please?

yeah that was the one i meant, hmmm.... seems there is only half what I posted on that thread though. I'll have a roam around on my other PC tomorrow to get the rest of the stuff, and I'll pop it on here ;)
The content of the thread hasn't been altered, it was moved, that is all :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts