Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!

I will be in Slovakia seven days in July and we want discover this country. Can you say me cities, villages, places... for visit??

We have some places in our list: Bratislava, Trnava, Piestany, Trencin, Nitra, Banska Bystrica, Banska Stiavnica, Brezno...

Can you say me places for visit near to Banska Stiavnica?? We want spent some days in this village. We have seen some photos of this village and is really beautiful.

Best regards from Spain!!!

·
Prešpurák
7,487 Posts
Well, Banska Stiavnica is a town, not a village and I think it is very nice itself :)

I would also recommend Košice in eastern Slovakia and Žilina in the north.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
^^
Hello there,
Good choices but you missed Eastern Slovakian cities which are in my opinion even more beautiful. Must-see places are Košice, Prešov, Bardejov, Levoča and its surrounding nature! Do I have to remind you High Tatras? :)

Anyway if you wanna see some places to go in Slovakia just click on my signature (castles, chateaux...)
Here are some photos of Bardejov, Bratislava, HQ photos of Slovak towns and cities...and many more..
I also recommend you to visit this page - for some very strange reason not translated into Spanish. :eek:hno:

Hope you will enjoy your stay in Slovakia. :cheers:

·
14,981 Posts
Banská Štiavnica is a very good choice and it's for sure a town. I think in 18th century it was even the third largest city in whole Hungarian kingdom. Similar to it is e.g. town Kremnica. Near Banská Štiavnica is Svätý Anton with chateu Antol. All around the town are artifiacal lakes "tajchy."

Nice destination is also chateu Bojnice near Prievidza. It looks like French chateux near river Loira.

Certainly don't forget High Tatras and region of Spiš with town Levoča and Spišská Kapitula. In Košice is wonderful gothic Elisabeth's dome. There is a lot of things to see in Slovakia and not only towns there is also very nice nature.

·
Banned
2,580 Posts
U should add Žilina, Košice and Bardejov to Ur trip, for example.. Well, I've been only to Blava but I had some friends from Žilina, Bardejov and Trencin, so that's why I'm reccomending it:) Qwert is right when talking about Kremnica, my parents found it as the most beautiful Slovakian town..

So the conclusion is... if U want to visit Mongolia without travelling to Asia, Slovakia is ideal, people are really strange there :lol: :nuts: :lol:

·
Banned
2,580 Posts
oreo: :hm: well, it's irrelevant.. people could be strange 4 me even if they live on the other side of the street, it depends on many factors, and people I knew were really strange, and if I say really I mean really :doh: :scouserd:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
oreo: :hm: well, it's irrelevant.. people could be strange 4 me even if they live on the other side of the street, it depends on many factors, and people I knew were really strange, and if I say really I mean really :doh: :scouserd:
That is not a reply to what I asked? For "some reason" that could be understand as an offence!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Trip to banska stiavnica

Hello!!

I will be in Slovakia seven days in July and we want discover this country. Can you say me cities, villages, places... for visit??

We have some places in our list: Bratislava, Trnava, Piestany, Trencin, Nitra, Banska Bystrica, Banska Stiavnica, Brezno...

Can you say me places for visit near to Banska Stiavnica?? We want spent some days in this village. We have seen some photos of this village and is really beautiful.

Best regards from Spain!!!
Banska Stiavnica is not a village, but a city. I am from BS, so if you want I can arrange some trip for you. Always, it is honor for me to do good name of my born city. Try my icq 332973320

·
Banned
2,580 Posts
offence? by what? You know that was a fun! If I made mistake by saying it, I'm sorry but I don't think so, oreo! So where is the problem? I don't see any! (have no time so rest in peace.. I meant good night :p

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies!!!!

Excuse me when I said that Banska Stiavnica is a village when really is a city.

We have saw that 7 days aren´t many days for visit the country. In this trip we will visit:

Bratislava
Trnava
Trencin
Zilina
Banska Stiavnica
Zvolen
Banska Bystrica
Bardejov
Kremnica
Nitra

We will visit Presov and Kosice regions in other trip.

We go like a backpackers and we are thinking in buy the interrail pass for Slovakia (1000 SKK). We will use the public transport in all our trip.

The accomodation is a big problem!! Because we don´t find youth hostels in differents zones of Slovakia. In Bratislava we haven´t problem but in other zones is impossible!!! In Banska Stiavnica we have find this hostel: http://www.scouthouse.sk/index.php

Best regards!!

Ernolibus

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all!!! In this trip we will visit:

Bratislava
Trnava
Trencin
Zilina
Banska Stiavnica
Zvolen
Banska Bystrica
Bojnice
Nitra

I want know typical Slovak dishes for eat in our trip. I have found:
-Bryndzové halušky.
-Pirohy.
-Garlic soup.

Can you say me your favourite restaurant in Bratislava, Trencin, Zilina, Banska Stiavnica, Banska Bystrica, Bojnice or Nitra??? I have read that Slovak Pub in Bratislava is OK.

By the way, what is the "normal" time for lunch and dinner in Slovakia??? In Spain is very later, for lunch is between 13.30 and 15.00 and for dinner is between 21.00 and 22.30.

Best regards!!

Ernolibus

·
Prešpurák
7,487 Posts
"normal" time for lunch and dinner in Slovakia
for lunch is between 12.00 and 14.00 and for dinner is between 18.00 and 20.00.
I prefer lunch at 11.00-11.30 cause I dont have breakfast and a dinner at 17.00-18.00 :) and sometimes the second dinner at about 20.00-24.00 :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I prefer lunch at 11.00-11.30 cause I dont have breakfast and a dinner at 17.00-18.00 :) and sometimes the second dinner at about 20.00-24.00 :)
Second dinner?? I think that the first dinner is a snacktime or tea time, like in Spain (between 17.00 and 18.30, where you eat a cake, cookies, muffin... with a coffee, tea or hot chocolat). And the second dinner is when you eat a Bryndzové halušky, for example. Is correct??

Best regards!!

Ernest

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Second dinner?? I think that the first dinner is a snacktime or tea time, like in Spain (between 17.00 and 18.30, where you eat a cake, cookies, muffin... with a coffee, tea or hot chocolat). And the second dinner is when you eat a Bryndzové halušky, for example. Is correct??

Best regards!!

Ernest
I think that Wizzard has just some problems with his metabolism so that´s why he eats more often and he isn´t full even after that. ;)
I think generally it is like Marek said...:)

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.