Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Reason for Call Display
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I leave September 9 ... right now the plan is to check out Split, Dubrovnik, Sarajevo, Zagreb, Ljubljana, Ptuj, Bled, and the coast (Piran/Koper/Izola, and maybe Trieste).

Anything worth visiting that I'm missing? Anything on the list that's worth skipping?

·
Master Planner
2,173 Posts
I agree, you should spend more time on croatian coast. You should visint some of the dalmatian islands ( hvar, korcula), they are fantastic. Also, you should visit some of croatian national parks- I reccomend Krka NP and Kornati. They are both within 1h drive from Split. It will be crime to miss them. No offense for Slovenians but Croatia has MUCH more to offer refering to sea and coast. So I will skip koper, izola .. Triglav, bohinj are much better choice for slovenia

·
Super Moderator
22,383 Posts
If you visit one place on the Slovenian coast make it Piran but Croatia has more to offer. Your time in Slovenia would be better spent in Ljubljana, a couple of other towns like Ptuj or Kamnik for example and the mountains too, Soca valley, Bled/Bohinj, Velika Planina, Logarska Dolina etc are all worth visiting.

·
SSLL
8,354 Posts
Of the two countries, I went to (Slovenia and Croatia), I would definitely check out Ljubljana and Zagreb. I hope to go to the Dalmatian coast/Split someday too.

·
Super Moderator
19,110 Posts
can you post some pics
I want to see
there are plenty of pics on that link that I posted...it's unnecessary to post them again ;) :) after all, there are too many of them ;)

and yeah, Dalmatia is definitely worth to see! And Istria as well, maybe even better IMO. ;)

·
spaghetti polonaise
2,536 Posts
Instead of going to the slovenian coast, check out the Skocjan Caves. They can be more or less on your way from Ljubljana to Rijeka.
The slovenian coast is not bad, but even slovenians told me they prefer the croatian and italian coast over their own for their holidays. Piran is nice though, as you can see the italian cosat to the north and the croatian coast to the south from there. And I was told that you can see the lights of Venice in the west at night.
Ljubljana is wonderful!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Plitvice Lakes National Park in Croatia? Never been there myself but I'v seen it on TV a couple of times and looked pretty amazing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts