SkyscraperCity banner

561 - 580 of 660 Posts

·
Registered
21,969 Posts
LOOK: Pres. Rodrigo #Duterte said in his speech earlier in the inauguration of the Sangley Airport Development Project that he will not allow 'massive reclamation' for the private sector under his term. The President said, "because if I do that, which I won't do, I will choke Manila. The entire Manila City would be environmentally at peril. So pag-aralan ninyo mabuti 'yan, for the next administration whoever gets to be the President of this country, study it very carefully" | via Patrick de Jesus

@PTV

I heard this also in his speech, PD30 stated “he will not allow massive reclamation around Sangley but encourages resettlement of mostly illegal settlers in the area. I’m guessing PD30 would only allow some reclamation but not as massive. Part of the reason why I believe this will push through is due to inclusion of coastway construction leading to Sangley which is a much welcome project because it will address alleviation of traffic to and from Cavite provinces and cities as there is no other way to expand the highway along the current national highway and that Sangley would be closer to Manila’s city centers and Makati even as far as BGC once that coastal highway is extended towards Sangley. I do see a better accessibility to both North and South through that SLEX -NLEX connector highway..

·
Arvor
1,209 Posts
A lot of the phase 1 part if we look at the images is more or less within the footprint of the current Sangley air and naval bases, so there won't be any need for massive reclamation, but of course down the road once the first phase is completed further expansion would become too compelling to ignore .

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ang ganda ng project ng CHINA sa sangley intl airport. CONFIRMED NA ito. Wala pa din sa sticky. Lalangawin ung bulacan airport. Ang ganda ng cavite airport. Parang nasa beijing hahaha

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
If they can modify Phase 1 to give it a parallel taxiway, that will be enough to shut down NAIA. That should satisfy the "no massive reclamation" thing of Digong during his term.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Awarded na nga e. Si duterte na mismo pumirma. Kabaligtaran lang ang sinasabi niya na ayaw niya ng reclamation. Parang di ka na nasanay. China yan. Lahat ng gusto ng China approve sa Presidente.

·
Registered
288 Posts
If they can modify Phase 1 to give it a parallel taxiway, that will be enough to shut down NAIA. That should satisfy the "no massive reclamation" thing of Digong during his term.
The image above of phase 1 shows parallel taxiways and rapid exits from the runway.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Awarded na nga e. Si duterte na mismo pumirma. Kabaligtaran lang ang sinasabi niya na ayaw niya ng reclamation. Parang di ka na nasanay. China yan. Lahat ng gusto ng China approve sa Presidente.
He said "massive", so that's relative. He'd be out of office by the time phase 1 is completed.

·
Registered
21,969 Posts
mwg12a, kaliwat kanan ang reclamation sa mega manila. Nagjojoke lang ang pangulo
Actually, I reviewed his speech when he was at Sangley. What PD30 was actually saying is that " he will not allow massive reclamation from PRIVATE SECTOR except the ones that's been approved already. He urges the next administration to carefully review all proposed reclamations. I do see where he is coming from on this one... The government do need to regular and control excessive amount of reclmation. So, at this point, there are 4 reclamation projects are approved. So, now I can see Sangley would definitely push through and the current newly built terminal is a jumpstart for the project and all things go as planned, it will slowly be expanded and they projected 6 years total to complete the project. The government do have plans to shut down NAIA in the long run as the goverment slowly transfer all operations from NAIA to Sangley.

·
hot
2,527 Posts
Looks pretty. On an environmental note, it’s sad for the people of Cavite that will lose their sea views.

I’m curious, though, if the terminal in the first phase can handle 25m ppa. Lots of remote gates but not a lot of contact gates. That points more towards LCC operations...

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Looks pretty. On an environmental note, it’s sad for the people of Cavite that will lose their sea views.
They're get an air side view though. For some, that's better.

I’m curious, though, if the terminal in the first phase can handle 25m ppa. Lots of remote gates but not a lot of contact gates. That points more towards LCC operations...
I'm pretty sure that airport will be better than anything NAIA. Is NAIA an LCC airport?

·
Whoa!
693 Posts
The image above of phase 1 shows parallel taxiways and rapid exits from the runway.

Also, phase 1 still talks about co-existing with NAIA considering flight paths and all. And I agree with the Remulla proposal to convert NAIA into a national park.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You're right. I hope they'll close down NAIA after phase 1 and take Remulla's suggestion of making NAIA the Philippines' central park, instead of a new CBD
Maganda nga un bilang central park tapos napapalibutan ng CBD(fort bonifacio, entertainment city, resorts world) para accessible sa mga tao.

·
Arvor
1,209 Posts
Talking about massive reclamation by the private sector and not wanting to damage the environment, the Bulacan airport is kindof the poster child for that, the wetlands ponds and delta's that will be destroyed over there are a much more precious and diverse natural habitat for wildlife, which birds specific types of fishes crustaceans and insects etc call home, and is also a major natural spillway for inland water towards the sea .

Sangley on the other hand isn't about encroaching upon new territory, what's more eco friendly than recycling what you already have ?, of course there will be extra reclamation but it would be towards the sea, which wouldn't have as grave an impact especially compared to reclamation on a more unique and diverse eco system, not to mention the extra urbanization which would follow .

561 - 580 of 660 Posts