SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1838 Posts

·
patulog tulog
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I think it's time to make a separate thread for SM Megamall's extension or redevelopment. I used the thread name above for lack of a more definite name of the project (maybe someone here can correct the title later). Post away folks!

Here are more recent photos of the area taken from a speeding train, our humble MRT:

·
patulog tulog
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah so this project does not include that rumored high-rise/supertall residential bldg pala. Let's ask Mod nalang to transfer this to a more suitable thread. Regards.

·
Banned
2,010 Posts
I'm still amused how people here still fall for SSC's resident manghuhula's tricks. hang_tod/suntex/nike2.5, hindi ba talaga pwedeng i-ban ng permanente yan?

There is no highrise/supertall to be built there, just look at the sizes of the footings and foundations and the depth of excavation. Palagay niyo ba masusuportahan ang malaking building na gatingting na mga poste?

·
Banned
332 Posts
gatingting na poste???? nakita mo na ba ang remaining space ng building A?

regarding sa tall building, masisi mo ba ang tao kong sinabihan lang siya ng SMDC agent?

nasa tao yan kong maniniwala o hindi, bastat may kuro kuro nasa tao yan kong ano ang paniniwalaan niya, kong sinabi ba ng DMCI na gagawa sila ng 60 stories na condo sa QC near Trinoma, sasabihin ba kaagad natin na hindi totoo at hinuhulaan lang natin????

para sa mga taong wala sa pinas, please lang wag kayo mag apura kong may gagawing isang project, lalo na kong engineer kayo at alam niyo na matagal ang pagplaplano at pag tayo ng isang building project

UNDERSTOOD???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
6,555 Posts
If SM Prime wanted to build a really tall building, especially an office tower, they wasted their opportunity with that small parkade / BPO building they've already built. Its close to the MRT station and has a better footprint.

I do hope they never build anything tall on the site they are working on now. Not only is it crab mentality to the finest since its sole purpose is to screw the adjacent One Shangrila development, knowing SM, they rarely if ever build any tall building as good looking.

·
patulog tulog
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perhaps the supertall will not be built on this side. It will be in Podium complex, based on the Jan 2012 news article below:

SM to start building tower over demolished landmark
Posted on January 25, 2012 09:07:27 PM
BY FRANZ JONATHAN G. DE LA FUENTE, Reporter

THE SY-LED SM Group will start building a high-rise in place of the old Benguet Center in the Ortigas district this year, despite concerns raised by the local cultural community over the demolition of the Locsin-designed property on the site.

“We are now starting the redevelopment of the Benguet Center this year. The old BDO building is being demolished, and a new high-rise will be constructed,” Jose T. Sio, SM Investments Corp.’s chief finance officer, told BusinessWorld in a text message on Tuesday.

The Benguet Center in Mandaluyong City, was built in 1983 and had housed the corporate headquarters of BDO Unibank, Inc.

Units in the planned high-rise building will be leased out to businesses and may complement the operations of the adjacent The Podium mall, Mr. Sio added in a separate chance interview late Tuesday.

However, not all sectors were pleased with the new development given the former building’s cultural status.

“[We] met with [SM] around after March last year and we were all surprised that they had already demolished around 60% of the building,” Mary Rajelyn J. Busmente, architect for the The National Commission for Culture and the Arts’ (NCCA) conservation program, told BusinessWorld in a telephone interview yesterday.

The building was designed by the late National Artist for Architecture Leandro V. Locsin, who was behind notable structures such as the Cultural Center of the Philippines, the Philippine International Convention Center, and the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 1.

Under the National Cultural Heritage Act of 2009, such buildings by national artists are protected from demolition.

SM was already reportedly having difficulties with the long-term maintenance of the Benguet Center, which was designed with native araal stone, Ms. Busmente claimed.

“[The demolition] could have been prevented if the Mayor stopped the permit,” she said.

Nevertheless, some designs for the new SM building seem to have been lifted from the Benguet Center’s blueprints, she noted.

The National Historical Commission of the Philippines has reportedly ordered SM to build a museum on the Benguet Center as a compromise.
SM officials were not immediately available to confirm this.

LINK

·
Banned
332 Posts
kelan kaya itutuloy and BDO tri towers? naging parking din ng mga buses ngayon ang sa may st francis mall side, kanina mga 8 buses ng florida at north buses

·
#TeamNorthEDSA
1,421 Posts
Guess this super-regional mall. :D

Okay, I'm still working on experimenting which layers to show or hide in order to cleanly display the floor plan for this mall... or is it an expansion to an existing one? I think it's not that hard to guess :colgate:

Oh, and I am still trying to verify if this indeed is the latest or at least a significantly updated or at least a close-to-the-final-one floor plan before I post all the floors so please bear with me.

image hosted on www.photobucket.com
^^^^
this is the one im talking about, see the word EDSA on the bottom right of the floorplan? could this be the SM Megamall Expansion plan? :D

1 - 20 of 1838 Posts