SkyscraperCity banner

1781 - 1800 of 1838 Posts

·
at your service
2,659 Posts
"The Halal Guys" is a popular hole in the wall restaurant/cart in New York known for serving gyros. I'm not sure if this is a franchise because I don't know of any Halal Guys franchise outside New York.

If it's a local restaurant I wish they just used another name. Even the local pizza parlour at Shang used the name "Lombardis" when it's also the same name used by the immensely popular NY pizza place.

From the looks of it Mega Food Hall isn't like Mega Fashion Hall which brought in new international chains. It's probably a more upscale version of the SM foodcourt, similar perhaps to what Robinsons Magnolia has right now.
It's the same "The Halal Guys" of NY. Even has the same logo.

The Halal Guys food cart operation is opening its first brick-and-mortar restaurant, in the East Village, with a lot more planned

"Rowe said he’ll eventually roll out Halal Guys in the Philippines, South Korea, and even the Middle East."

·
MD in a Family of CE's
35 Posts
I haven't personally tasted both tea houses/cafes but the average customer cares only about the taste.
And most of the time they're biased because of the price.
For an experienced customer, it is easy to decipher which one is artificially prepared from the one that is all natural.
The aroma and complexity of taste will separate the expensive from the cheap.

·
Banned
312 Posts
So what you're saying is, it doesn't matter whether the food a restaurant is serving is artisan-quality or was fished out from the sewer, and what matters is whether or not the customer has the palate to pick up the subtle (or very obvious) difference in taste?
If you serve the "masa" customer caviar and Roquefort cheese, they might just puke it out.:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
^^

#Judgemental
#GrabeMangLait
Di ako nanglalait, im just stating my observation. Why do you think master siomai and its other iterations survive and thrive? But of course things will change once people become more affluent. Same thing happened to japan back in the 60s and 70s. The average japanese drinks tea and no wine. It wasnt until the 80s when japan's economy boomed and everyone becomes rich and they started to crave for the finer things in life. Again same thing is happening to china. 10 yrs ago, there is only a handful of wine drinkers and now china is the worlds biggest wine market. As people become rich, they become more sophisticated. Ganun din mangyayari sa pinas

·
Banned
28,675 Posts
^^ ^^

Special thanks guys for sharing and all the credits goes to all the Original Pic/Vid Owners, to all SSC Forumers and to all International/Philippine SSC Mods!!! :banana: :cheers:

·
7,804 Posts
Some updates in Megamall A & B (sorry no pics).

Mega A

- Marks and Spencer is currently under renovation and it is target to open this month.
- Stradivarius is opening soon, located in front of Cotton On and Factorie.
- Mango is transferring to a new and bigger location. It will include their Kids Section.

Mega B

- Vero Moda is now located on UGF from Fashion Hall (which was replaced by Din Tai Fung).
- Sfera is opening soon at 2L.

·
7,804 Posts
Ito na, with pics. :D

Some updates in Megamall A & B (sorry no pics).

Mega A

- Marks and Spencer reopens.

- Stradivarius is NOW OPEN. Located at 2nd Level, in front of Cotton On and Factorie.

- Mango is transferring to 3rd Level from 2nd Level. It will include their Kids Section.
Old Location

New Location

Mega B

- Vero Moda is now located at UGF from Fashion Hall (which was replaced by Din Tai Fung).

- Sfera is opening soon at 2L.

1781 - 1800 of 1838 Posts