SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Old Fart
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Johnstown (of the infamous flood history), was once a big steel production center. The city is now only about 23,000 people (metro ~ 250,000) and is located about an hour east of Pittsburgh. It is one urban looking rascal, and it has an incline which provides superb views of the city. The downtown was surprisingly active when I visited, considering the decline the city has seen. Anyway, here's some pics.

25. Heading up the incline

30. heading back down the incline

Hope you enjoyed :)

·
Pittsburgh rocks!!
899 Posts
Those are some great pictures!! Johnstown is a pretty decent city. I have been there a few times. The mountains surrounding the city are gorgeous.

·
Old Fart
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^ BC, Johnstown is a bit smaller pop wise within the city limits than Ithaca, but the metro is about 2 1/2 times the size of Ithaca's.

^ ChicagoLover, I've got a few, hope I can find them. I'll post what I can find.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
About Wilkes-Barre

Wilkes-Barre is a manufacturing and service center and the seat of Luzerne County. It is located on the east bank of the Susquehanna River in the Wyoming Valley of northeastern Pennsylvania. Connecticut colonists first settled the area in 1769. The city made headlines in 1972 when extensive flooding caused by a tropical storm caused over $1 billion in damage.

Although Wilkes-Barre has added several modern high-rises since WWII, the city's skyline is still characterized by buildings from the pre-WWII industrial era, a more prosperous time for this area. While the skyline does not overwhelm with height or grandeur, the downtown is a pleasant place to visit and home to many fine buildings.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.