SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Nocturnal...!!!!
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snake like Building is being built in CHENNAI (MADRAS) , India.

Is there any other building similar to this anywhere in the world..

·
6,435 Posts
From Hafeez Contractor (designer of possible WTB in Noida and 23 Marina in Dubai) I see. Apparentely it's an office building but I can't imagine something that shape being very functional as offices - seems like a design that would be better as an art gallery or something. Anyone have an idea of scale - hard to tell just how tall it is.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
It's supposedly will be the largest IT campus in India. You can see some people in the 1st and 2nd renderings, to give an idea of scale.

While it may be groundbreaking or unique, honestly I think it looks repulsive. :eek:hno: Looks like a snake crawling under leaves. I don't see how this will fit in nicely with Chennai's architecture.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Though maybe if it wasn't black and white stripes, and instead had a glass facade, or if the effect was made by glass, I'd like it much more.

·
Registered
18,110 Posts
What's the usage of it? Are they going to teach inside the building? Or is it a kind of Mensa?

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I agree

However, I quite like some of his other IT park designs

Knowledge Park, Bangalore

Infosys, Bangalore:

Infosys Convention Centre, Bangalore:

Infosys, Mysore:

Infosys, Pune:

·
Banned
87 Posts
The "snake" building is a piece of crap aesthetically.

Although I like the designs at the bottom, especially the Infosys convention centre and the three pics at the bottom. Very nice

1 - 16 of 16 Posts