1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Panache
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
440 Posts
It does kind of seem like we're getting fairly similar-looking office towers as of late. I was hoping for something a smidgen more distinctive with this one. A bit of a crown would have been much-welcomed.

I do like that cut-out on the KVB-facing side, though. Hopefully they will opt for a glass tint that isn't so similar to Bridgestone and Pinnacle. That could help to make it more distinctive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Of course not, just a varied palate. But I do realize that developers don't meet ahead of time to coordinate that.
Varied palate?

Downtown Nashville is one of the most eclectic downtowns in the country. You can easily tell it's buildings apart from one another. Different styles, shapes, and color schemes. All of the buildings look significantly different from each other, unlike other downtowns. For example Atlanta has six or seven buildings that look like gothic church steeples. For years when seeing it's downtown on television during sporting events, I couldn't tell them apart.

·
Registered
9,836 Posts
Varied plate?

Downtown Nashville is one of the most eclectic downtowns in the country. You can easily tell it's buildings apart. Different styles, shapes, and color schemes. All of the buildings look significantly different from each other, unlike other downtowns. For example Atlanta has six or seven buildings that look like gothic church steeples. For years when seeing it's downtown on television during sporting events, I couldn't tell them apart.
North of Broadway, mostly masonry. South of Broadway, almost all glass. Looks funny.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It does kind of seem like we're getting fairly similar-looking office towers as of late. I was hoping for something a smidgen more distinctive with this one. A bit of a crown would have been much-welcomed.

I do like that cut-out on the KVB-facing side, though. Hopefully they will opt for a glass tint that isn't so similar to Bridgestone and Pinnacle. That could help to make it more distinctive.
Developers are not going to build a "crown" just for the sake of building a "crown" or because a bunch of skyscraper dorks are obsessed with them. Their goal is to make money and crowns do little to further that goal.

·
Registered
9,836 Posts
Developers are not going to build a "crown" just for the sake of building a "crown" or because a bunch of skyscraper dorks are obsessed with them. Their goal is to make money and crowns do little to further that goal.
Yes, yes, I already acknowledged that developers don't gameplan the look of the skyline.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts