SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 17220 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cityofboston.gov/news/default.aspx?ID=3225
Boston is honored and proud to be recruited by Major League Soccer to be the potential home for the New England Revolution,” said Mayor Thomas M. Menino. “This is a fantastic opportunity for our city and our neighborhoods, but it will require a throughout exploration of possible sites – we need to make sure this works for Boston residents.”
Do you think there's any chance to get past NIMBY's in Boston ?

·
Registered
192 Posts
It would be great if they built a stadium.

It should become home to the Boston Cannons Major League Lacrosse team, because the ground they play at now is an absolute disgrace.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
victory said:
It would be great if they built a stadium.

It should become home to the Boston Cannons Major League Lacrosse team, because the ground they play at now is an absolute disgrace.
Sure, they would have to pay rent, but they would probably become the flagship franchise of MLL.
I think the best locations for a stadium would be either Suffolk Downs or Wonderland Dog Track. Dog track racing is on life support, and Suffolk Downs isn't far behind unless they can get slot machines approved.
Parking, T access, major roads in the area, reasonably close to Boston, and probably not a whole lot of NIMBYs.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
It's about time the New England Revolution announced plans for a soccer-specific stadium. Since the rise of Soccer Specific Stadiums I always wanted the Revolution to have one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's no news about a stadium unfortunately, but there are rumours that with the announcement of the new "Beckham Rule", Luis Figo might go to New York or the Revolution. There's are large portuguese communitys in Framingham, Fall River and New Bedford.

·
Registered
102 Posts
MLS stadiums

we have forums for almost every other soccer league's stadiums so i thought we could start one for mls, if people have pictures of different mls stadiums add them to this thread

·
Stadium Fan
827 Posts
DC United

RFK Stadium - Washington D.C.:

**Is also used by the Washington Nationals of the MLB(Major League Baseball)

Capacity:

Soccer: 52,000
Baseball: 46,382

·
28,089 Posts
my fav

·
Profile of the Rising Sun
2,847 Posts
It looks like the stands have been painted on a wall...
I also looked at the RFK stadium wrong and thought the upper tier was flat. :S

Good to see large crowds, though.

·
©
9,401 Posts
Geez RFK Stadium is ugly!! Reliant is a cool looking stadium. But if it's not used in the MLS, it doesn't really apply to this thread.

I didn't realise that the Home Depot Centre *cringes @ the name* had bench seats! How old is it?

1 - 20 of 17220 Posts