Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I am new to this site, I think U guys having very important conversions in here. I am studying in Japanese university .My major is Architecture Environmental systems.
I am doing some small projects on waste management in Sri Lanka. As you know the Solid Waste Management has become a critical problem in SL. I would like to know your idea on this case and also if you have GOOD ideas, please write. If you know some personalities or institution related with this matter, please introduce me.

please give your advises too.

Check photos from these URL
http://chamilasilva.fotopages.com/

You can see the photos of Poster Competition on waste management among school children in Gampaha MC Area which was held Aug. 2006 and Garbage separating System Model In WELIWERIYA TOWN (May 2007).

·
unBANNED
4,165 Posts
welcome to the forum kankyou :eek:kay:

Its always nice to see a new topic bing discussed. However I will let the other experts around here to give you good ideas.. as I got no clue :D

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
BOI begins garbage disposal programme

The Board of Investment (BOI) under the guidance of Dr. Sarath Amunugama, Minister of Enterprise Development and Investment promotion on Wednesday formally inaugurated a programme of garbage disposal at the Biyagama Export Processing Zone, where the garbage will be utilized by Holcim Cement as co-processing material in its cement kilns at Puttalam.

Holcim Cement will utilize the solid waste at both the Katunayake and Biyagama Export Processing Zones as co-processing materials, bring down the cost of production and also helping to maintain clean eco-friendly environment.

Financial Times

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
waste management was signed with Fukushima Waste Management Solutions

October 12, 2007 : The Board of Investment of Sri Lanka signed agreements for three new projects. Dr. Sarath Amunugama, Minister of Enterprise Development and Investment formally presented the Certificate of Registrations to the Investors. Chairman/Director General Mr. Dhammika Perera signed the agreements on behalf of the BOI.

Fukushima Waste Management Solutions (Private) Limited

An agreement to set up a total solution for waste management was signed with Fukushima Waste Management Solutions (Private) Limited. The environment friendly waste management solution is expected to cover the entire island.

The project worth US $ 550,000 is sponsored by Japan and is expected to provide 300 employment opportunities.

The functions of the company include Waste Collection, Waste Recycling, Production of Compose Fertilizer with the use of degradable waste and Recyclable Product Export.

The first Processing Centre will be located at Horana and is expected to commence recycling activities in March 2008.

Mr. Sugath Premalal, Director was very positive about the services offered by the BOI. He commented on the fact that there was no red tape in the processing of the application for his project.

Mr. Sugath Premalal (Director) and Mr. Tharaka Ariyaratne (Director) signed the agreement on behalf of Fukushima Waste Management Solutions (Private) Limited.

Avani International (Private) Limited

Avani International (Private) Limited signed an agreement to establish a Regional Headquarters.

Avani International (Private) Limited, a company in the Gem and Jewellery Sector will establish a Regional Operating Headquarters in Colombo where it will serve all the regional retail outlets.

The headquarters will be located at Colombo 03 is expected to provide employment opportunities for 25. Mr. Rizvan Sahabdeen (Managing Director, Sifani Jewellers) signed the agreement on behalf of Avani International (Private) Limited.

Skyline Pacific Homes (Private) Limited

An agreement to construct housing complexes was signed with Skyline Pacific Homes (Private) Limited. A total of 25 individual houses will be constructed under the project. 11 of the 25 houses will be built in Hokandara. The target market for these houses will be the Upper Middle Income Sector. The Model House is expected to be complete by the 1st week of January.

The project worth US $ 150,000 will be located at Keragala and is expected to provide employment for 75. Ms. Jeewani Saranapala and Ms. Kumari Ekanayake signed the agreement on behalf of Skyline Pacific Homes (Private) Limited.

BOI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts