SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not too excited about this, looks exactly like Citygate. But nevertheless its good news for Missi, twin 38 storeys:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mississauga to look like another mini-Vancouver? Not everything there is green glass, but with projects like Absolute (4-5 30s+ glass towers, Parkside Village (amacon, a vancouver developer), and citygate and solstice, it'll look like Toronto's harbourfront condos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
Love the design of this building. It is better than the rest. Probably the best in MCC so far.

The Capital is turning out very nice as well. The glass is very dark, greyish or black, so it looks alot different from all the others since they are green.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,767 Posts
I rather like this design...when in doubt, keep it simple, sleek, modern, minimalist. Beats the hell out of those towers that try to be neo-whatever.






KGB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
SD said:
Not sure what street that side is facing but the base looks pretty crappy.
The street is Webb Dr. The other street is Duke of York and the tower seems to meet it quite well. The podium looks crappy because it is an expansion of Citygate's podium, which is not in the rendering.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Nice clean lines - actually looks fairly sophisticated for Mississauga. I like what Citygate is doing here - very different from most suburban condos which try to hard to say "look at me" - This is a very urban design with nice clean lines.

As for the base, I'm not too concered about the driveway on Webb - Webb is practically a back alley that is currently a dusty dead end. As long as the tower meets Duke of York well than it should turn out decently.

Hopefully there is some kind of illumination of the crown similar to Citygate 1.

With the current night time illumination is Mississauga - MCC may have a brighter night time sky that downtown (save for all the corporate banking logo's) Citygate 1 & 2 will be lit, this and it's twin might follow that trend. I'm sure all the Capital towers will be lit just like NY Towers and No 1 City Centre - both those towers are lit up at night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KGB said:
I rather like this design...when in doubt, keep it simple, sleek, modern, minimalist. Beats the hell out of those towers that try to be neo-whatever.






KGB
Actually, KGB, the developer Davies Smith calls these towers to be "Neo-deco"
 

·
Technology Pro
Joined
·
1,607 Posts
i love the fact that lots of towers are being built but since most of them will end up looking the same it will only look good at night when they a illuminated...in the dya it will just look very bland
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rapideye95 said:
i love the fact that lots of towers are being built but since most of them will end up looking the same it will only look good at night when they a illuminated...in the dya it will just look very bland
I have a feeling that mississauga's skyline will end up like Vancouver's skyline or even so Toronto's Cityplace skyline with repetitive bland green/blue glass towers. They will blend in well with each other but they aren't a architectural masterpeice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
Solstice isn't bad. I like One Park better. Their ads say the building is now U/C.



But in the end, I prefer the slim glass towers over Tridel's Ovation or the 'Universal'. Those are just nasty.
 

·
Technology Pro
Joined
·
1,607 Posts
Travis007 said:
I have a feeling that mississauga's skyline will end up like Vancouver's skyline or even so Toronto's Cityplace skyline with repetitive bland green/blue glass towers. They will blend in well with each other but they aren't a architectural masterpeice.
I know exactly what ur are saying...that is a safe thought...BUT i hope i strongly hope, that they stop building condo communities and twin towers...i dun like and mississauga does not need anymore...the reason why i like daniels' buildings so much is that they are all different from the ones close to it...i like how one park tower will look different from the capital and not short and stubby like ovation...there is so much land left in MCC and any project can fly outta nowhere...i wan MCC future skyscrapers to be different from each other...ovation is so ugly...tridel shouldn't have built it there...it looks almost exactly like skymark and park mansion and should have been on eglinton or away more from the MCC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Grand Ovation is probably the ugliest POS Tridel has ever built! :bash: It's certainly not a "grand oavtion" at all. :rant: :(
Unfortunately, I don't think Vancou... err... Mississauga will have many buildings that are quite distiguishable. Amacon is a Van. developer and are planning to build many towers that I think will be repetitive cuz...you know its a Vancouver developer. The only towers that will have a major difference are the single towers thta aren't in a community or twin towers.
 

·
Technology Pro
Joined
·
1,607 Posts
^^^^^^ EXACTLY...mississauga is doomed...it's either daniels' "new york inspired" condos or vancouver lookalikes...in twin tower form...mississauga HAS money and they should have never gone this route...instead of approving EVERYTHING...they should have just allowed ONE developer to build one building....that way there would have been more land to have more developers deliver their unique sense of style...one day i am just gonna move back to toronto
 

·
Technology Pro
Joined
·
1,607 Posts
anyways the solstice looks very nice and i like it...it's not the BEST thing i seen but it sure beats citygate..even tho it's looks like a variant of citygate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
rapideye95 said:
^^^^^^ EXACTLY...mississauga is doomed...it's either daniels' "new york inspired" condos or vancouver lookalikes...in twin tower form...mississauga HAS money and they should have never gone this route...instead of approving EVERYTHING...they should have just allowed ONE developer to build one building....that way there would have been more land to have more developers deliver their unique sense of style...one day i am just gonna move back to toronto
Well the developers so far who have buildings in MCC are Daniels, Davies Smith, Amacon, Tridel and the developers of Absolute. I don't think there will be a lot of towers if each developer was only allowed to develope one building. If only Missi's city council would create some kind of rule for developers that each tower must be unique from each other and the only kind of duplicates allowed are twin towers. That would definately save MCC's skyline from being too homogenous. :)
 

·
Technology Pro
Joined
·
1,607 Posts
the point that i'm trying to make is that every builder in mississauga right is bulding in a huge slur...they should take their time a bit more
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top