Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fiercly Omahan
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gene Leahy Mall and slides.

Windows from the nations largest urban arts colony, The Bemis Center.

Looking north on 16th St.

Brandies building and First National Center.

Creighton University in foreground.

Orpheum Tower.

Looking north on 17th St.

Mutual of Omaha World Plaza (where I work) and Warren Buffets HQ, the Kiewit Building in background.

From Abbott Dr.

The Qwest Center.

Older buildings in Downtown. The tall one in the background, the Kensington Tower, is where I'm moving in a few months.

Redick Tower.

Skyline from 10th St. Bridge showing the older leading up to the new.

One First National Center.

Downtown and Midtown Skyline. Mutual of Omaha at far right side.

Skyline from Carter Lake near the airport.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is some pretty good scenery, with the lake there. I like Omaha, it is sleepy in the news, but it interests me, perhaps because it is a mystery :).

·
Fiercly Omahan
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ Assuming you're talking about the green cube building with the crane, that's Union Pacific Center. That's an old picture to since the building has been done for over a year.

Here are some pics of it complete and the atrium inside.

Other things going up in Omaha are the Riverfront place condo towers at the end of this month.

Not a tall buiding but to be completed this year, the Holland Center (Performing Arts).

My job, Mutual of Omaha, is taking out it's underused 80 acre parking lot and replacing it with a dense urban hood with 5-6 story buildings with 600 apartments and space for retail, recreational, and dining options. I haven't seen any public renderings but there are big renderings in the building I can get pictures of next week. Here is the area that will be developed.

The lot is btwn the building and park in the first pic. The second pic is from one of the lots. I can get above pictures from my office next week too.

·
lagom
1,537 Posts
I'm very glad to see First National Center the past few years in the Omaha skyline. You guys must be proud of it. :)

·
Fiercly Omahan
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We are. Some of us on an Omaha forum are going to be lucky enough to go up to the top this June to get pictures. I've always wanted to go up in there but you can't even work the elvators w/o a employee card. I've been up in the Woodmen and it was pretty cool looking down from there.

I can't wait until we get a third tall tall building to balance the skyline out more. There's been some info going around the last few months that one might not be that far off the next couple of years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts