SkyscraperCity banner

which city do you think is the most modern?

• Harare

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Abidjan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Accra

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Gaborone

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Nairobi

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Dakar

Votes: 3 13.6%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
i really like the first nairobi one at night, by the way check out my the link in my signature :) if you haven't already.

PS Libreville, Gabon and Windhoek, Namibia is also very modern

Libreville - the Capital of the richest coutry in africa

Abidjan

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I thought South Africa was the richest African country... In terms of modernity, I'd have to say Johannesburg and Nairobi are probably the most modern in Africa...

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
^ There are several african countries with a higher GDP per capita than South Africa, its just the largest with a ok GDP per capita

·
Fan van de Neudeflat
2,499 Posts
Some of the pics are not working. But besides, nice thread. Some interesting pics, Nairobi certainly has the best skyline for a Sub-Saharan African country (excl SA).

Do you happen to have any pics of Dar es Salaam?

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Nice pics, these just show that there is a lot of potential in African countries, but for now, it remains largely untapped.

·
23,074 Posts
raymond_tung88 said:
I thought South Africa was the richest African country... In terms of modernity, I'd have to say Johannesburg and Nairobi are probably the most modern in Africa...
What about Durban and Cape Town too? Both are very modern too.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
South Africa has the most modern cities in Africa without a doubt, if modern means in touch with the western world and new developments, etc.

Gaborone, Botswana comes next, then Harare, Zimbabwe.

Why everyone is voting Nairobi as the most modern, I do not know, as it really is not anymore.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts