SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Taking On The World
26,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Coruscant is the capital planet of the Galactic Empire (and before that, the Republic) of the Star Wars universe. The planet is entirely covered by a city...

·
Since 2004
2,204 Posts
Coruscant is a copy of Asimov's Trantor (from the Fundation saga).

BTW Aces, nice publicity hehehe

·
Taking On The World
26,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Renzo said:
Coruscant is a copy of Asimov's Trantor (from the Fundation saga).

BTW Aces, nice publicity hehehe
actually, its based on Trantor, but not exactly a copy, since Trantor had a "roof" or "roofs", while Coruscant is an open air city. Btw, I love Asimov, have already read many of his books.

·
Architect
1,945 Posts
Sao Paulo can't be Coruscant, simply because the buildings are to dull and short (in general).
In Coruscant, almost every single skyscraper is innovative and dynamic.

·
Since 2004
2,204 Posts
AcesHigh said:
actually, its based on Trantor, but not exactly a copy, since Trantor had a "roof" or "roofs", while Coruscant is an open air city. Btw, I love Asimov, have already read many of his books.
The Republic Congress' Building is inspired in the "Congresso de Brasilia"

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well Coruscant has skyscrapers that are kilometers tall.... but I think a lot of Trantor was underground so it was not really as tall. Do you remember at the beginning of Foundation, the guy going for the job goes to the top of a tower and has a panoramic view, but the building is only 500 feet tall? It seems like that was supposed to be one of the tallest in the area. (I dont know if there were taller ones in the prequels?)

so I think Sao Paulo is more like Trantor?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts