SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Wow, looks really run down in the 70s and 80s!
I was there about a month ago - loved Perth and really impressed with the small yet efficient rail network!

·
Registered
574 Posts
I like that last pic with the two Grand Canary Palms, landscaped by Perth City Council a while back. Forrest Place and Wellington Street is a great entrance by train to the city. :eek:kay:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I went to Freo, Rottnest, and for a joy ride on the train out to WHitfords.
ALso had a good look around the city.
I had one day to myself, when I did the tourist thing in Perth & Freo - Kings Park, Martime Museum, SOuth PErth Ferry.
I walked from South Perth back to Saint Georges Terrace via Kings Park.
Awesome! Loved the city!
Rottnest was nice, the weather wasnt crash hot, but it was alright.
The city is dead quiet on a saturday night, but I felt safe enough to walk around by myself.
The Sunday morning was spent doing more touristy stuff and some sightseeing in the city again. Really busy to my surprise!

There are some pics at http://melbournecity2004.fotopic.net
I havent had a chance to put up photos of Perth, (done the trains though). I've been flat out with uni, I'll try and have them for show on Tuesday!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Ummm the Hilton, Dad was over there for work. Good location! Cheap rates too :)
I was really impressed! I could not believe the ammount of buses though! It'll be good to see trams down Hay Street!
Where are the pubs in the CBD? That seemed to be lacking!
Is Parliament House the building that is west?? of the freeway, opposite the barrack gate?
I personally think that the freeway there should be decked over a park put in!

I wasnt very impressed with Perth Airport though, on arrival I was nervous of what to think lay ahead of me, but in the end, a great trip and I wanna go back... NOW :)

Pics will be up ASAP.

·
16,465 Posts
yes the cbd really lacks pubs. i tihnk there are only 3 from memory- moon and sixpence, carniegies and belgian beer cafe. might be more?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Well was very quiet and I thought rather run down, mind you I arrived at 9pm ish.

·
Here
6,589 Posts
Yeah the domestic terminals are a little dated, especially the former Ansett terminal.

Perth's CBD pubs and bars are scatted and infrequent but they are around, just need to know where to go. Not very good for tourists I know but there is a local quartly magazine titled 'Scoop' that has a good list, the magazine is usually found in newsagents and hotels. It's very hard and expensive for people to obtain licences so there is never really a proliferation of new venues. Rather just referbishing existing places.

Friday nights around the west end of Perth (Hay/King Streets etc) is pretty lively though, as there is alot of the post work crowd around.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
That photo was taken at Whitfords on the Joondalup line.
The train got to atleast 130kph going along that freeway :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Perth is good ya.

I really enjoyed my time there.

I got my leather jacket caught in the Taxi door.The driver drove off and I was left with an armless jacket.He came back 10 mins later with the other arm and a sewing kit.

Nice guy ya.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts