Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Haha...good one cncity ;)

Some people are just so fukin insecure, they feel the need to mudsling on other countries to make themselves feel better...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sad pictures (the first serie) but the second serie proved that not whole India is like that, I mean New York also have some of those areas.

·
Registered
40,884 Posts
India is really a fast developping country with a good future. Changes in the last ten years have been awesome. I Do hope that India and China will also greatly participate in the development of Africa (or at least in those countries with potential)

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Osho Ashram , Pune, India

that pyramid is the OSHO Ashram in Pune,, spritual place which is full of foreigners....lovely place...like a paradise

·
Lord of the Manor
352 Posts
India is an amzing country with a high develop index, it has a great future, but the only problem is the high increase rate in the population for the next years, if India could control the population increment it could get a greater developing index.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Those buildings are the Secretriat and other political instituions. I think it also has the Presidental Residence. Those are among the posh areas of Delhi, comparable to the best in the world.

·
Distant glory
536 Posts
Yet another thread expressing the views of yet another such person.

:sleepy:

We all know that such a gap exists in India; the gap between the rich and poor between the clean and dirty and the developed and underdeveloped. Yet we should maintain a positive and not negative focus.

Of course we shouldn't deny that which exists, but putting it down is inexcusable. How do you think those people in your pictures live, and is it right for you to mock them and their country in that manner?

On close inspection some of those pictures appear to be from Indian Kashmir - a region torn by strife and uncertainty since 1947.

cncity's efforts are appreciated - those pictures represent the flip side of the country, the developmental efforts made in the last few decades. Such efforts are not evenly spread throughout the country, or evenly spread throughout states and cities, but they do exist, and even their existence cannot be denied.

·
Mexican Forumer
1,668 Posts
WOW INDIA AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! It's is a great country with an interesting future, a possible one to lider world-wide.

·
Banned
2,043 Posts
The first 4 photos of doxul has a nice indian architecture which was forgotten to renovate and to take care off. I hope they will renovate and preserve those residential buildings.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
What the hell is with the influx of anti-Indian trolls in this forum?

'Skyscraper' envy by neighboring nations?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I like the first 4 pics best. They reperesent the true India. A bit chaotic and hap- hazard. Who gives a shit if It's not the most developed place in the world. It is what it is.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Fuckin hell... another "true India" spiel.

Are the other several pics fake? Does the true American city = the ghettos? The true Chinese cities = the squalid sprawl? I feel like a bloody broken record. Maybe I should just put this in my sig so I don't have to bloody repeat myself a hundred bloody times

These are both equally true forms of India. And frankly, the middle class living in the second set of pictures is greater in population than the poor who live in the first set.

Does that mean we should discount or trivialize the first? Absolutely not. Does it mean we should discount or trivialize the second in some romanticized, stereotyped notion of Indian poverty. Absolutely not

Is this really so hard a concept to wrap ones mind around?

People can be bloody stupid. Even if well meaning.

Edit, thoguh in terms of busyness, the places in the second set are just as chaotic as the 1st ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts