SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
DoM
945 Posts
Wow, now that's a big number of photos, thanks for sharing. :) It seems that you visited more places than typical tourist.

·
always on
4,800 Posts
Some great photos of Unseen areas, SUPERB, the last ones especially, with the city side of Vilnius, Absolutely GORGEOUS, i want to turn the city inside out!

·
commieblock enthusiast
452 Posts
Thank you very much for the commieblock pictures! That big tower, what is it? Very similar to Tallinn's TV tower. How tall is it? Fantastic, that such a tower is as good as in the middle of a commieblock area! The old town pictures were also good.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Thank you very much for the commieblock pictures! That big tower, what is it? Very similar to Tallinn's TV tower. How tall is it? Fantastic, that such a tower is as good as in the middle of a commieblock area! The old town pictures were also good.
It is 326,5 metres tall (Vilnius TV tower). Commieblock areas are cancer of all Eastern Europe countrys and of their citys. Vilnius is not the exception, but the day of their extinction is coming inexorable. And the Oldtown is really fantastic for me, that's why it isn't surprising that Vilnius Oldtown is in UNESCO listings.

·
Explorer
561 Posts
veeery cool pics! i'm gonna visit Vilnius next summer for sure :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Jedrzej and auckland16 thank you for your photos. They are beautiful for me :eek:kay: Huge number of them in this page, it's a long time to wait while they are downloaded :)

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love Vilnius! It is so beautifull. Charming streets, all city on the hills, everything clean and after renovation. And the best street on middle and easter europe - Gediminas Avenue. This street is wonderfull!! It is so much life on it...

·
DoM
945 Posts
@Jedrzej: Thanks for nice words. :) I live in Vilnius and I can say that it has many ugly and dirty places too. ;) But you are right about Oldtown, it is really very charming and city center of Vilnius each year is looking better and better (many buildings, squares, streets are being reconstructed).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks, Jedrzej, for the beautiful photos of a beautiful city :) What's your camera, by the way? Very good quality!

And the same question to auckland16 - your photos are also amazing!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts