SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Captain Awesome
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are two floor plans which prove that some project builders just aren't trying anymore. I really cannot believe that these two designs are from a high profile project builder in Queensland. Take any ideals of energy efficiency; and design flair; and throw them out the window and replace it with a box; and some windows. :bash:

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
lol.

When i go to peoples houses i can usually navigate easily because so many house layouts are exactly the same.

Ive seen the same houses multiple times lol. its actually quite funny.

·
Captain Awesome
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's just as well the first thing you see when entering the house from the garage is the toilet because living there would give me the shits.

·
QUEENSLANDER!!!
2,560 Posts
yeah i hate these boxes they keep building. usually for new govt housing commission areas like at carseldine at the moments. every house is a mirror image of the other with a different colour paint. shits me off

·
Dinosaur Planner
218 Posts
You are right.

However it basically comes down to cost. A layout like you showed there provides a faily large dwelling (which everyone wants now) but the simple shape and layout means it will be much cheaper.

Unfortunely energy efficiency and innovative design are rather low down the list of the average punters priorities.

·
Registered Yooser
1,456 Posts
Army houses near me...uggh.

they have 2 different designs with mirrored interior floorplans all down the street. Bring back rowhouses, at least THEY were interesting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts