Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
MingDing
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
DOVESTONES RESERS IN GREENFIELD IS VERY NICE. YOU CAN BE SHOPPING AT ARNDALE AND 20 MINS LATER GOIN FOR A RELAXING WALK ROUND SADDLEWORTH. ITS FANTASTIC LOVE THIS CITY!

JUST 12 MILES FROM THE CITY CENTRE

·
Registered
967 Posts
Some great views there. I like the 4th picture too. Checkout the snow on the hills, fab!! Something Beetham Tower apartments and a few other penthouses around the centre of Manchester will enjoy over the coming winters.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Something Beetham Tower apartments and a few other penthouses around the centre of Manchester will enjoy over the coming winters.
absolutely. as the sun sets (and rises) during the winter months, smoking jacket donned and glass of brandy in hand, the views across will be spectacular.

·
MingDing
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WE HAVE ALSO GOT THE WELSH MOUNTAINS BEHIND FIDDLERS FERRY IN THE DISTANCE LOL

MANCHESTER AIRPORT ALTHOUGH NOT ON THE SKYLINE HAS GREAT VIEWS OF THE PEAK DISTRIC AND SOUTH PENNINES

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Yeah, if you've ever lived in a region that is as flat as a fluke you'll never realize how fortunate you are to have a rolling hilly landscape.

There's something special about a city that has a (sometimes snow-capped) uplands backdrop right on the doorstep.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
If only we weren't a nation of lazy boozers (with exceptions, of course) we would actually make more use of those bumpy things. We don't have a beach or an impressive river running through town yet what we do have is neglected.

We need a pennine/peak district marketing board. I'm sure there is one but we need a better one, with more money...and maybe a slight change in british culture.

·
Registered
818 Posts
If only we weren't a nation of lazy boozers (with exceptions, of course) we would actually make more use of those bumpy things. We don't have a beach or an impressive river running through town yet what we do have is neglected.

We need a pennine/peak district marketing board. I'm sure there is one but we need a better one, with more money...and maybe a slight change in british culture.
The Peak District is the second most visted national park in the world. Obviously quite a lot of people are already making use of it.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
The Peak District is the second most visted national park in the world. Obviously quite a lot of people are already making use of it.
Good fact, that! One to remember.

Unfortuantely none of those people were anybody I know. When I lived in Vancouver there was a real outdoorsy vibe to the place. People went hiking an mountain biking the way people here watch sunday afternoon football in the pub.

Granted their choices are much greater than ours but as an average 20 something living in manchester, I don't find the Peak District punched into my psych very often.

Its the same when I grew up in Macclesfield. Comparing the place to other towns around the UK, along with the fact that escape routes are well served by train, its proximity to the hills was probably the best thing about it, yet they are largely ignored by residents.

Poor yoof culture, that's what I put it down to.

·
Registered
114 Posts
When I have friends and family visiting me from Toronto (which is flat) I always take them up to the pennines.... up to Werneth Low to a pub up there at night. I always get a wow from them!

Picture from the pennines to our city below!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts