SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After 2 weeks in the brig ( I never understood why.. but ok... never mind ) I come back with some little "presents"!

Let's go to Thessaloniki's port. A port that could be the "gate" of the Balkans seems to be inactive, waiting for the big boom that never comes!

This is a propably a warehouse in the port (it seems 11-storey), did anybody know it? I found some good positions for shots and introduce it to you!

View of the port

Notice this circle thing in the port... It is very well seen from very far away. Does anybody have any idea what is it?

Zoom

"Limani center" ( shopping center very close to the port ) Unforunately it doesnt seem to have success. A lot of empty stores, and few people

The new YMCA gym in the center of the city

Two more "highrises" ( in terms of Greece of course! )

The University tower

The OTE ( Public Communication Company ) tower

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,077 Posts
Nothing less than excellent pictures.

The warehouse definitely classifies as a highrise (12 to 13 floors above ground) and we need to collaborate on uploading these pictures to emporis...

As for the "limani" center, It looks noce but probably it is the location which is bad. Anyway, gottago, talk later. Again, excellent pictures!!!

·
Simple User
2,448 Posts
cosmos said:
Notice this circle thing in the port... It is very well seen from very far away. Does anybody have any idea what is it?
It's the band ''les arts sauts'':
http://www.olakala.gr/

http://www.arts-sauts.org/index_eng.html

Anyway ecxellent pictures! Ena megalo Bravo gia tis photo.

The warehouse definitely classifies as a highrise (12 to 13 floors above ground) and we need to collaborate on uploading these pictures to emporis...
I agree. We must add the four 12-storey buildings in west Thessaloniki, which are 14-storey with the ground floor and the semi-floor, the 11th storey warehouse and the 12th storey residential in Pylaia. Also I know that there is a 12-storey building in univeresity area, I don't know if there are other buildings that we should add...

Of course don't forget to add the 30-storey twin towers in Pylaia

I'm dreaming...

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,077 Posts
BTW if we are talking about highrises in this country, we must talk about the silo (same as in Thessaloniki) in Volos too.

Also, there are many structures (i.e. chimneys) in Greece which are some 150m tall. The Keratsini one in the suburb of Keratsini is also famous...

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,077 Posts
Καλά όπως λέμε και στα Ελληνικά, εδώ προσπαθούμε να βγάλουμε απ΄πο τη μύγα ξύγκι αλλά τέλως πάντων...

·
Simple User
2,448 Posts
"Limani center" ( shopping center very close to the port ) Unforunately it doesnt seem to have success. A lot of empty stores, and few people
Actually It looks more like a business centre than a shopping centre. Anyway the port can have a great power due to it's location. Representatives from China (Cosco), Singapore, Dubai and Bahrein came to Thessaloniki recently to discuss about the use of the port. It's the only chance to make Thessaloniki's port a gateway to the Balkans.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

I don't know why you would ever get brigged..... but welcome back!

·
SSC Veteran
10,765 Posts
Thanks for the pics cosmos, i've been searching for the exact location of that building at the port months now :eek:kay:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts