Votes: 24 34.8%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you like soul tower surfers paradise or vision brisbane
what do you think will turn out better
vision tower looks like its going to be an awsome scraper i just dont trust thease ultra reflective renders of resi towers arfter q1 tricked us all if vision turns out like the renders it will be 10/10

feel free to post your fave pix of vision or soul
soul tower looks rally nice i hope it gets reflective glass like coc but light blue it has an awsome desighn and yeah its cool

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Vision by mile.....
Soul is a bit like somewhere I have seen in Shanghai or Bangkok.. no offence but Vision is more opulent and futuristic.

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Vision wins, that is not to say Soul isn't a fantastic building, but you go up against Vision chances are you are going down.

BTW broadie, some of those pics you posted (with the exception of the top one) are of the old Vision, the 283m version has slightly different design, as seen below:

·
New Urbanist
5,560 Posts
Vision, Vision, Vision, Vision, Vision, Vision, Vision, Vision, Vision, Vision, Vision, Vision, Vision, Vision, Vision, Vision, Vision, Vision, Vision, Vision, X20! But i still like soul! BTW Good thread broadie!

·
Registered
77,306 Posts
There two totally dif scapers. 1 is an apartment tower fronting a beach and the other is a mixed-use scraper in centre of a CBD.I actually vote for S0uL.Its a great innovative design and not bad for a full balconied unit block.Vision is a glass scraper with massive podium and topped with spire.A fabulous design for its location in CBD of brissy.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i cant find any new renders but thats ok .
If vision turns out like the renders i will pick vision. But i think i like the desighn of soul. Vision dosent really have much good stuff its only the glass that looks AWSOME but the desighn isent very origenal its too much like Q1s but its still heaps good. :)

·
Developer
7,685 Posts
Vision is comparable to Q1 and both are a level above the design for Soul. Soul is better than average but not that special apart from the height.

·
Registered
77,306 Posts
i think S0ul is a little bit better then average.? not just height but overall form and the vertical blades are unique for an aussie skyscraper.It will certainly be one of the 5 best resi towers when completed!

·
Professional amateur
1,062 Posts
I'm not a fan of Visions shape, although the glass will be absolutely stunning if the renders are accurate! On the other side of the coin, LOVE the sharp bladed look of Soul.

So, it's Soul for me!

Stu

·
retired
893 Posts
I voted Soul. How can you beat its location!!!!

I think Soul will also have far better facilities for its residents. Looking at the renders for the pool area for Soul ...WOW ... does vision have the space to match this?

I hate to say it but to me vision is just a bit of a clone of the Wall Centre in Vancouver with a bigger spire

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
vision doesnt look like that lol...

cbf going on a "Vision Promotion Spree"

im sure someone else will tell u of its facilities :D

·
Registered
563 Posts
Definitely Soul. More interesting with four distinct facades, great contrast of white concrete with blue/green glass and a fantastic culmination. Vision is certainly classy but perhaps a little plain when compared with Soul. Not sure about "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" shape either - works better in a "directional" skyline like Sydney (Aurora, Deutsche etc) rather than Brissy.

·
Yeah but No!!
1,514 Posts
What a tough choice!!! As Cul said its hard to compare when one is built for beach front views in a tourist city and the other is built for multi purpose operation in the middle of a CBD. I chose Vision because of the glass, not because its reflective, but because of the double skin design which fascinates me. Other than that there is not that much that I can compare, both have impressive shapes with great architectural features, both will have a very positive impact on their respecitve skylines, both incorporate significant public areas adding to their local communities, and both take top position as my fave two buildings to start construction this year.

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Here they are side by side to scale, (Soul from the northern thin side). I think the top of Soul is very interesting. Vision since the height rise is noticeably taller now, but at 240m Soul is still no slouch either:

·
Watch my Chops
6,046 Posts
Soul would fit perth so it wins over vision. Just.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts