Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lets show case all vehicles, motor bikes, helicopters, personnel and gadgets used in emergency response from the police, traffic cops, firefighters, ambulances , tow trucks and some of our women and men who often risk their lives daily to help in emergencies (fire, accidents, robberies etc).

traffic cops

a typical emergency response by firefighters, ambulances, tow trucks and police

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
firefighters in Grahamstown

Do you guys remember the Makro that burned in Johannesburg, anyone knows what came out of the
investigation regarding this emmergency. I remember lots of conspiracy theories about the Makro fire.

Fire in Alexandra (one of Joburg's shanty towns)

·
East Coast Massiv
16,652 Posts
I was involved in a hit & run on Saturday night, ....... no I didnt hit the guy & drive off, but the other way around, but the surprising thing was that it was a Police Vehicle . Cant go into the nitty gritty because its quite a sensitive case.

Anyway I had to comment on our response vehicles, as it happened an Ambulance was driving past to go to Hillcrest because of a shooting that happened there, he radiod the relevant people immeadtly & within a matter of minutes the police & various paramedics were on the scene, & they were superb. They helped us out till the end. It was the first time that I have been in a crash that was this serious, but I got to stand up & give these guys an applause for the work they do, even when the timing was off the strike thats affecting many hospitals.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DennisRodman; said:
Do you have pictures of the best hospitals in SA?
This is a tough find Dennis, but we will try. But a quick answer is that the public hospitals are going through a chaos right now while private health care is as good as anywhere in Europe.

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
That's good news Durbsboi and they need told be congradulated when they do good. The simple thing that one can do is to take their senior's contacts and tell him or her as to how good his people are.

·
Same old me
18 Posts
Do you have pictures of the best hospitals in SA?
Question for the SAns, is Groote Schuur (sorry for the spelling) one of them? I remember reading about the first heart transplant in the world being performed there.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It is the main public hospital in cape town but I dont think it is much good anymore (there has been lots of bad press recently about cutting budgets etc). I certainly would never go there cos I have insurance

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
I know its not vehicles, but I thought I should post.

·
Registered
17 Posts
These photos were sent to me by a friend of mine who is a reservist policeman in Durban. Notice the Special Task force guys, they might not look it but these are some of the most well trained and toughest men around....
the Special Task force is the ONLY police unit in the world where members are H.E.L.O (High Altitude-Low Opening parachuting) trained. I belive they havent lost a single hostage.

The STF is considered to be among the best of such units in the world. Its formation was based on the Israeli Sayeret Matkal. The STF has a formidable reputation in counter terrorism, counter insurgency and hostage rescue. The STF, like their military special forces counter parts, are internationaly regarded has being deadly exponents in the art of bush warfare.

The Task Force falls under operational control of the Division: Operational Response Services and is responsible for dealing with all high-risk operations, such as hostage situations on land, sea and air, including rescue-related operations.

All Task Force applicants are volunteers and have to comply with stringent physical requirements before being admitted to the basic training and selection course. The basic training course is twenty-six weeks long and includes weapons, rural and urban combat as well as basic parachute training courses. Compulsory advanced courses include special skills such as diving, VIP protection, explosives and medical training.

Membership of the Special Task Force open to all male and female SAPS members

1 - 20 of 31 Posts