SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,290 Posts
and the marlins beat the fukin braves 9-0 on opening day in front of almost 57,405! grandslam in the first inning! world series this year bitches!

lets not start about my poor dolphins...

ya uptown, the miami morays started this season at the miami arena as part of the national indoor football league (smaller than the arena football league (afl) but hey, another team is another team, and were gettin some use outta the miami arena

· Registered
1,290 Posts
brickell said:
you're smoking something right?
you would rather earn a 5 seed and bow out in the 2nd roud?
the best record in the conference isn't good enough for you?
odom, grant and butler are obviously pushing the lakers over the top.

I hate whiny sports fans. The Heat had a great season and were one game away from the NBA finals. That's apparently not good enough for you.

Jones is fine and virtually untradeable. Next year should be just as fun. Players will be coming from all over just to play with Shaq and Wade.
in my defense... i really dont care much for basketball, more of a fins/ fish fan... and ive said that we shouldnt have traded for shaq when we mad the trade before the season started, during the season when we were winning, and when we were winning in the playoffs

we gave up our future for two, mayb three good years (wat shaq has left in him)... with our team before, with one or two years or development, we would have one of the most complete teams in the nba, and kept it goin for a decade, and coulda been the bulls of our decade... but like i said, dont no that much about basketball just wat i think

so even tho i dont really care, still hurts to see a home team lose, and next year well have em all healthy and take the finals from those motor city bitches

· Registered
1,290 Posts
brickell said:
ps... florida marlins fall from first to last place. what a killer division we're in.
now ur talkin about my sport... these past few weeks have been brutal... lowell, pierre, and lo duca gotta step it up and prove to be the bats that they once were... and leiter better get his shit together... when valdez gets bak, i say put him in for leiter and leave in moehler whos pitching great, hes just not gettin the run support that he needs...

we're a world series caliber team, if we start to click like we were at the beggining of the season when we have a comfortable lead in first of our division, but we gotta step it back up, cause were def in the toughest league in all of baseball...

· Registered
1,290 Posts
PeterSmith said:
What is the latest on the Marlins possible move? I heard a few months ago that it was a done deal and they were going to Las Vegas, but I don't think that is true. Any word? Is it no longer being talked about?

they aint goin anywhere... the old cuban guys in guayaberras with a fat cigar in hand would storm couty hall and chase people down until the money is put up for a marlins stadium, preferably with a big cuban flag on one side... they go crazy for LOS MARLEENS!

· Registered
1,290 Posts
kyle wright grew tremendously in just one game... in the first quarter, he was the stereotypical rookie qb, making shaky and unconfident and showing his age... by the second quarter he was mediocre... and in the second half of the game he was great... getin sacked 9 times and gettin up quick each time showing his toughness (also the play that he ran for the first time and instead of sliding took the hit head on... one of the toughest hits all game, thats my kinda qb)... had he not showed significant speed and ability to scramble and square his shoulders and throw on the run, the number of sacks would have been well into the double-digits... it seemed like he matured several years worth in just that one game, and i think were gonna have a great qb for the rest of this season and several more years

as for the special teams, hester messed up once in the beggining of the game tremendously and seemed hesitant for the rest of the game, just trying not to make the same mistake...

as for the kicker, one of the missed field goals was understandable... it was from a significant distance and we cant b pissed about a miss there, but the second miss should have been made... and the third was a combination of the long snapper just giving him a shitty snap... but it was still catchable, and the holder should have made it

and as an offensive linemen myself, the line was just crap... nuttin else to say

a buncha people fukd up a bunch of times... its aite, just be 1983 all over again... series is 6-1, the noles got nutttin to cheer about

· Registered
1,290 Posts
theres basically nothing else for UM... our future is pretty much decided... usc and texas aint gonna lose, usc wit cal, ucla, and fresno state and iono who texas has, but no1 that will put up much of a fight... bama mite lose, they got some tough game, but even if they dont it doesnt matter cause they still wont get into the title game... miami wins out the next three, beats fsu for the acc title (we shouldnt have a problem with them this time, the game we played at the beggining of the season was horrible and since then weve stepped it up, our o-line stuffed vtech, and their dline is twice wat fsu's was) and plays in the orange bowl... nothing much we can do to stop that, except maybe get cocky and lose one of the three we got and vtech will take us in the acc coastal

i hate the fukin bcs system... playoffs and wed take the national championship mother fukr! (well, mayb not, but at least we would have a shot at it)

· Registered
1,290 Posts
i was there man... rode the whole way home in silence... was one of the single worst experiences of my life

the offense lost the game... the line was almost as bad as it was in the fsu game... i dont understand how they can destroy v tech and then get their asses kikd by fsu and g tech... but w/e seasons over... national champs next year

if usc had lost i wouldve have killed some1...

· Registered
1,290 Posts
no fukin way they should tear down the orange bowl... its the little bit of history that we actually have in this city... its so old school, and although some find it ugly in its age and outdated, i and most of the people i know find it quite bad ass... i mean, if it costs the same to build a new one, why not fix up what little we have... and come on, its the freakin orange bowl man

and reducing capacity? wats wit that?

· Registered
1,290 Posts
amazing game... im so pissed, i went with my friend and a buncha people, and since they were my ride they wanted to leave at the begining of the 4th quarter and i had to go... i never leave a game early and bitched the whole way down... and in the car on the ride home we heard the whole comeback on the radio, and saw the last two minutes at my friends house

lets go jets! they beat the pats and were one game outta the afc east! playoffs this year bitches! and then the superbowl! fuk the colts, their our bitches

· Registered
1,290 Posts
art kehoe was the man... coker will regret that, he was one hell of a coach... went to a clinic at UM once and he was just the man... dont really know shit about any of the other guys, but at least coker is making a change, cause this team definetly was not heading in the right direction, and something has to be done about recruiting, cause its just been downhill ever since coker took over, and now the coaches that had connections with high school all around south and the rest of florida are gone...

· Registered
1,290 Posts
adding vegas and chicago i can understand... but indianapolis? they must not have a single luxury hotel in the entire city or something and there must be a huge void to fill, theres gotta be some reason for this

ive already told people, the marlins arent going anywhere, for sheer fear of the riots that would ensue amongst miami's old cuban guy community... granted they would be slow moving and complain alot, but they would light some old piles of leaves on fire in little havana with their cigars...

· Registered
1,290 Posts
Possibility of Marlins stadium deal called remote
A Marlins stadium deal may be a long shot, but Miami-Dade County officials have yet to throw in the towel.
BY TERE FIGUERAS [email protected]

The Marlins may yet find a home in Miami-Dade, with options including a landfill site in Hialeah and a spot near Miami International Airport.
But all of the possibilities are far from certain, and all come with serious drawbacks -- most notably, funding gaps.
In a memo to elected leaders this week, County Manager George Burgess outlined a handful of options that could keep the Marlins in Miami-Dade, but stressed some are little more than long shots.
''None of these options are easy, and many will be viewed as unrealistic,'' Burgess said.
Burgess didn't offer any recommendations and included some options the Marlins already have dismissed outright, such as retrofitting Dolphins Stadium with a retractable roof.
Multiple incarnations of a stadium deal have unraveled over the years.
A three-party deal involving the city of Miami, the county and the team unraveled last year. Talks between the Marlins and city officials frayed to the point that Miami officially backed out. Earlier attempts to persuade Tallahassee to pitch in funds have likewise fallen flat.
But while Miami-Dade commissioners weren't willing to give up -- and directed Burgess to look into the remaining options -- enthusiasm could be waning.
''At some point you have to make a decision,'' said Commissioner Sally Heyman, who noted she is frustrated with the constant back-and-forth between the Marlins and Miami-Dade. ``You can't keep dangling this out there in uncertainty.''
The Marlins have said construction of a new stadium would cost around $385 million -- a number commissioners have publicly questioned and which Burgess says still needs to be independently vetted.
POSSIBILITIES
Some options still in play:
• A new ballpark on a county-owned parking lot next to Dolphins Stadium. Estimated cost: $450 million. That leaves a $150 million shortfall, which Burgess suggests the county might ask stadium owner H. Wayne Huizenga, who holds the lease on the parking lot, or Broward County to help cover -- two major uncertainties.
• Retrofit Dolphins Stadium, by far the least costly alternative with an estimated price of $160 million. But the Marlins repeatedly have stated the team wants a new, roofed ballpark.
• Hialeah. The city is the latest to try to lure the Marlins into staying, suggesting a new stadium at the historic horse track or a recently annexed former landfill. Both sites are privately owned. The county's initial estimates place the costs of building in Hialeah between $445 million and $455 million. Preservation of historic race track structures and traffic congestion are other concerns. The landfill site is outside the urban development boundary and has not been approved for any kind of project, although an application to move the boundary is pending.
• A plot of land adjacent to the Miami Intermodal Center -- an ambitious transit hub under construction near Miami International Airport that would provide access to Metrorail, train and bus routes.
`INTRIGUING'
Burgess calls this site ''extremely intriguing'' because of its proximity to mass transit, but cautioned the project would be complex and could run afoul of FAA rules.
It also would be the costliest of the various options, coming in at an estimated $485 million.
The commission can pursue two other ways to close the funding gap -- both of which would require voter approval: a half- or full-cent sales tax increase, which would generate $160 million to $360 million; or a dollar increase on a car rental tax.
A referendum has its appeal, said Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Alvarez.
''A lot of people feel very strongly about this,'' he said. ``So this would let the voters decide.''
Burgess listed other sites but conceded he does not ``foresee these as realistic options.''
UNLIKELY OPTIONS
Topping the not-realistic options are Bicentennial Park, the Orange Bowl and a site adjacent to the Miami Arena -- all within the city of Miami.
Another alternative deemed unlikely: a far-west tract of land outside the urban development boundary, which would likely spur opposition from opponents determined to keep the line in place.
how nice would it be if they could pull it off next to the mic? but of course, the faa fucks with us again... i like the referendum idea and i think a half penny sales tax would pass...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.