SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
4,003 Posts
Count me one of the bandwagon Heat fans. Jumped on last season after the all-star break, and bought season tickets this year. Another reason was because the American Airlines Arena is only a few MetroMover stops from the new condo!!! (by the way...there are a few good apts in Brickell on the River ready for Sept occupancy!)
I attended more than half the Florida Panther Hockey games when they played in the Central Business District of Downtown, and have attended one in the last few years since they moved to Broward County.
My birthplace dictates that I emphatically follow Detroit teams...so on Sunday the 10th...look for the guy at the AAA with the #24 Bob Probert Red Wings Jersey with a #3 Wade jersey over it!!!!

· Banned
4,003 Posts
Remember last season...the two hotest teams in the NBA after the All-Star break were the Heat and Pistons.
Neither team had a "superstar"...the Pistons spanked Kobe and Shaq in a sweep.
One major difference this year...the Heat have a new superstar and another that is getting his proper recognition...can the Pistons spank these guys too...that's the big question. What an exciting time to live in MIAMI!!!!!!

· Banned
4,003 Posts
I'm with SDK...
To think that the Eastern Conference league leaders got beat so badly at home in game one, and then barely held on to win in game 2 is a surprise, even considering that the Heat superstar scored 40 points. Watching the Heat all season, you would think that they would perform better than that. It reminds me of when Michael Jordan scored 40+ against the Pistons and they lost the Eastern Conference series....3 seasons in a row.
Detroit Pistons World Champions 1998 and again in 1999...defeating Michael Jordan both times.
Detroit Pistons World Champions 2004....defeating Shaquille and Kobe in a 4-0 sweep.
History tells us that it is most likely that we will have to wait a few seasons for the Heat team to play like a team.
In game two...Wade 40 points, Shaq 17, Jones 12-ish (?)....no other player in double figures.
The Pistons almost always have 5 players in double figures...in the last game, they only had 4 players in doulble figures...Ben Wallace had zero (very odd).
If the Heat takes one in Detroit, I'll be amazed. I'm pulling for them, but it just doesn't seem to be realistic to think that the Heat can win in Detroit when we can barely win on our own home court.

· Banned
4,003 Posts
rider_of_rohan said:
ooohhhhh k, what an ass kickin the caines got. LSU 40 Miami 3. Miami only got 6 first down and was 8% on third down conversion. I would say they were outplayed. LSU only had to punt once in the entire game and then scored on 8 straight drives. They rolled up 468 yards total. After the game players got in a fight in the tunnel...what a great way to cap off such a strong performance.
Yeah, totally unacceptable. At last count, Coach Coker has canned 5 assistant coaches, I've haven't been glued to the news, but there may be a few more cannings/canings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.