SkyscraperCity Forum banner
41 - 60 of 210 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
well, Detroit has won 22 out of 24 series' when they win game 1. So the odds are definately stacked against Miami currently. That's probably why it's so easy for the analysts to assume Detroit will win.
But I still do think they definately do have a chance... it all rides on the success of Wade (despite Shaq's dominance).

· Banned
4,003 Posts
I'm with SDK...
To think that the Eastern Conference league leaders got beat so badly at home in game one, and then barely held on to win in game 2 is a surprise, even considering that the Heat superstar scored 40 points. Watching the Heat all season, you would think that they would perform better than that. It reminds me of when Michael Jordan scored 40+ against the Pistons and they lost the Eastern Conference series....3 seasons in a row.
Detroit Pistons World Champions 1998 and again in 1999...defeating Michael Jordan both times.
Detroit Pistons World Champions 2004....defeating Shaquille and Kobe in a 4-0 sweep.
History tells us that it is most likely that we will have to wait a few seasons for the Heat team to play like a team.
In game two...Wade 40 points, Shaq 17, Jones 12-ish (?)....no other player in double figures.
The Pistons almost always have 5 players in double figures...in the last game, they only had 4 players in doulble figures...Ben Wallace had zero (very odd).
If the Heat takes one in Detroit, I'll be amazed. I'm pulling for them, but it just doesn't seem to be realistic to think that the Heat can win in Detroit when we can barely win on our own home court.

· Registered
9,037 Posts
YES ROARK :) , I'm with you , Bro, Go " Dream Team " Heat, I'm cheering here with Karen Carpenter in heaven, singing, " I'm on the, Top of world looking, down on the Heat cooking, turning pistons metal into oil, and you know what I found, since the Heat's been around , its being in the final's, Finally !!!." lol. :cheers:

· Registered
9,037 Posts
Okay Everyone :) , so its tied 2 - 2, but don't worry fans !!!, game # 5 in Miami , Thursday Night at the Triple A, score of tuesday night's game was 106 - 96, coach blamed it on the defense of the game, " We just had a bad night ", they'll be back !!! :cheers:

come on, get those hopes back UP !!!, Go " Dream Team " Heat and Go Cranes !!! :)

41 - 60 of 210 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.