SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 796 Posts

·
Architecture Student
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some recent Lake St and Lagoon developments:

Seventeen10.. U/C

Mixed use development with 9,600 SF of retail on first and second floor. Six apartments on third floor with underground parking. Set for completion summer 2016.

Laguna Apartments.. U/C

6 stories, 45-units, underground and surface parking. Construction set for completion summer 2016.

Cheapo Site.. Approved

The project is a seven-story, mixed use building that would include a single-retail tenant on the first floor, approximately 6,000 square feet of office space on the second floor, and 125 residential units on floors two through seven. The bedroom counts would be 70 studios, 25 1-bedrooms, and 30 2-bedrooms; 202 total bedrooms. There would be two outdoor areas; a 3,000 square foot terrace above the second floor along Lake Street and a 730 square foot terrace on the upper floor. Off-street parking would consist of two floors of underground parking that would provide parking for 161 vehicles and 125 bikes

MoZaic 2.. Approved

http://finance-commerce.com/2015/07/mozaic-east-moving-ahead/

The Ackerberg Group intends to start construction in January on the multitenant office building in Minneapolis’ Uptown neighborhood.

Ackerberg Hotel.. Pro

Graves Hotel.. Pro

President Ben Graves said the hotel would include about 150 rooms and a ground-floor restaurant and bar. He said the building height is not finalized. Surface parking would stand behind the hotel and the venue would provide valet parking service.
The new project is in early design stages, Graves said, and he expects to use materials like brick that will complement the neighborhood but stand apart from other Uptown housing projects.
http://www.southwestjournal.com/news/development/graves-hospitality-pitches-hotel-at-lake-emerson

The Lakes Residences.. U/C

http://www.thelakesresidences.com/

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Makes me wish I didn't leave the city. Lots of good projects heading to Uptown. I forgot all about the Office/Hotel project. January...wow. Going to have a nice looking district here soon. Should tie in well with what's happened along the Greenway over the last decade. I'm betting more too come.

·
S MPLS
415 Posts
I'll say yes. We just went thru a building boom with apartments and there are at least a half dozen projects that are either proposed or under construction.

I live 8 blocks from Lake and Hennepin, the epicenter of Uptown. But the area that is considered Uptown seems to be growing to include Lyn-Lake which is 8 blocks to the east and moving up Hennepin to the north close to Franklin.

·
Architecture Student
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have couple more developments to add then:

Motiv Apartments.. U/C

2320 Colfax Avenue S

http://motivapartments.com/

Most recent sketches I could find:

It's pretty far along, so I'll take a picture of it tomorrow.

26th & Steven's.. App

113 E. 26th St

5-story, mixed-use building with 70 apartments and approximately 4,000 SF of retail lease space. Market rate.
*Warning! Large image!*

·
Registered
756 Posts
I always enjoy hanging around Uptown although I'm older than the average Uptowner. In fact, family and I had pizza at Giordano's two evenings ago. Love seeing the changes taking place in the area.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks, Grant for summarizing the various projects so well! A lot going on! I live in Whittier near Eat St. and will try to get out and take more photos of the development going on around there to keep this thread up.

Cheapo should be making a move soon. New Jamaican place, new noodle shop, redo of the "Chicken Shack", and the development at 26th and Stevens. More I'm probably not thinking of at this time.

·
S MPLS
415 Posts
The Motive does not have the bump outs for the walk ups. Pretty much flat now, look forward to you pic of it Grant, but a few weeks since I last walked by when they had just finished up the brick work and were starting the stucco for the rest of the building.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
The Motive does not have the bump outs for the walk ups. Pretty much flat now, look forward to you pic of it Grant, but a few weeks since I last walked by when they had just finished up the brick work and were starting the stucco for the rest of the building.
Well that sucks. It gave it some distinction and not like so many other cheapo apartments.

·
Architecture Student
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
S MPLS
415 Posts
WOW!! Grant, the wood crosses on the 1st 2 floors of the Emerson side of the Motiv. I did not see that coming when I saw the blank walls. But it does make the building stand out in a good way. Will hope the wood ages nicely though.

·
S MPLS
415 Posts
Uptown, Lake St and Hennepin Ave, is actually the convergence spot of 4 neighborhoods. They are East Ilse to the NW, ECCO to the SW, Carag to the SE, and Lowry Hills East (The Wedge) to the NE. Whittier is to the east of Lyndale Ave and the Wedge. Some put the Lyn-Lake area as a part of Uptown now that there has been so much development in the area. Whittier is home to Eat Street, Nicollet Ave, which over the last decade has had it's own renaissance. If they actually tear down the Kmart that now blocks Nicollet's flow. Once reconnected, the north and south end of the street, there will be a lot of redevelopment from 27th south to 31st and that area along the greenway where they cross each other. There is also talk of running a streetcar down to Lake Street from the Nicollet Mall down Nicollet.

Peoples definition of Uptown has definitely expanded over the last decade. Uptown is no longer just a small 5 block concentric area around Lake and Hennepin. It has expanded to 6-10 blocks depending on which direction you go away from the epicenter. Especially with the marketing of the new condos and apartments that have been going up for a few years. They are now stretching the limits of the old Uptown definition of the 70's and 80's.

FYI, Lyn-Lake is the convergence of the Wedge, Whittier, Carag, and Lyndale neighborhoods

1 - 20 of 796 Posts