SkyscraperCity banner

2081 - 2100 of 6808 Posts

·
Registered
12,809 Posts
I think the Gold Features will be finely detailed and give Aus108 something classy to set it apart from other buildings...Like any architecture that means some will like and some wont. But I'm prepared to wait and see, what else can we do ?

·
Proud "Pricktorian"
551 Posts
It's funny when you see these blocks of land cleared not much bigger than a suburban block of land and you wonder how they fit such a large structure in their, but once they start building you start to see how big it really is, it just looks so small when it's just bare earth.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Fantastic news thanks for sharing :D

A108 & Aurora - the new talls of the North & South - will be line ball finishing together. A108 has the head start with demo but with ~16 extra floors at 1 floor/week means about 4 months extra construction time, which is roughly the timeframe for Aurora demo which started last week.

So yeah - the race is on !!

·
Proud Melbournian
1,736 Posts
:):cheers:I can't wait to see how awesome Melbourne's skyline will look once all these confirmed skyscrapers/supertall are completed.

·
Go Ahead.....Make My Day!
5,387 Posts
Its highly likely we could have 20 new two hundred + metre towers gracing the skyline in 5 years time. The towers that were approved under Matthew Guy are worth their weight in gold which developers would want to push height and profit to the max , unlike the nonsense developers have to conform to under tricky dicky

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Fantastic news thanks for sharing :D

A108 & Aurora - the new talls of the North & South - will be line ball finishing together. A108 has the head start with demo but with ~16 extra floors at 1 floor/week means about 4 months extra construction time, which is roughly the timeframe for Aurora demo which started last week.

So yeah - the race is on !!
I think West Side Place T1 "Ritz Carlton" (270m) can be added to that list in the west.

The WSP site is already cleared and it is expected actual construction will start April 2016. I think this will be pretty much line ball with Aurora in regards to timelines.

How awesome will that be to see these three monsters rise :)

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
SOUTHBANK > 70 Southbank Blvd - Australia 108 > 317m / 100L / residential / d...

Say goodbye to this pile of Coode Island silt .. ...

BM Site Info inc gantry, crane & concrete pump locations ...

BM 'Site Office' ... :)

Michael B at Urban Melbourne reports piling is to commence next week ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
100 stories!!
100 stories!!

:banana: :banana:

Melbourne is getting a 100 storey building.

:banana: :banana:

Yes, it is really happening.

I like the building shape. The first version was garbage; second version is excellent. I think this one is going to turn out really well. One issue, five years is a long time to wait.

Pssst, Dick Wynne should be gone by then and normal services shall be resumed.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Tallest to roof height/highest habitable floor in the Southern Hemisphere I believe.

Q1 is the tallest to architectural tip, and the Sky Tower in Auckland is the tallest structure.
Jakarta will have around 5 towers taller than this by the time construction is complete I think.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Tallest to roof height/highest habitable floor in the Southern Hemisphere I believe.

Q1 is the tallest to architectural tip, and the Sky Tower in Auckland is the tallest structure.
Yep, at some 76m taller to roof, this will literally dwarf Q1.

HenryX is correct, Jakarta has 2 projects u/c taller than 108 with more proposed.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
SOUTHBANK > 70 Southbank Blvd - Australia 108 > 317m / 100L / residential / s...

.. and can confirm it was all guns blazing at site this morning after lockdown weekend.

Heaps of activity ...

Apologies for the dodgy drive by photos but this site is definitely all go !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2081 - 2100 of 6808 Posts